Author Topic: what inspires you?  (Read 4910 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: what inspires you?
« Reply #40 on: 17 March 2008, 19:20 »
so what makes a car chav? i guess some would say my mk3 its chav due to having crystal lights, low on some 17's! its a very fine line i guess, to me it isnt chav but to other it must be!  :undecided: i guess modding for me is all about what i want in a car not what other people think is right.  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #41 on: 17 March 2008, 19:23 »
Massive spoilers, stupid bumpers and huge exhausts :)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #42 on: 17 March 2008, 19:26 »
yeah thats my take on chav but to others who use a car as a .... car  :rolleyes: lol if you know what i mean then my car would be chav. anyway, sorry dont want to jack this thread as its a good read  :nerd:  :wink:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #43 on: 17 March 2008, 20:29 »
Just seen pics of the 'Uber-G' car at UD. Thats good inspiration!
 :smiley:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 17 March 2008, 21:49 »
What inspires me is that I want to prove you can tastefully mod a Golf without making it look like a chav mobile :)

you want to prove this? as far as i'm concerned tons of people have proved this!

and rob, uber-g is cool, another greg howell paint/g-werks engine... so what does that mean? some might say its a scene car with paint by X and engine by Y but ultimately its painted by a guy who knows and loves his dubs and the engine built by (possibly) the county's leader in g60's?
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #45 on: 17 March 2008, 22:16 »
Agree, no real surprises, but it's a very 'tastefully' done Ed1.

Not seen it in the metal myself, but to me it's the finished result and quality of the work that matters, not bothered if it's done by 'scene' people or not.

:smiley:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 17 March 2008, 22:35 »
^^^ yeah its lush!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #47 on: 18 March 2008, 13:19 »
but people who trailer their car then enter it in the daily driver show and shine,now they really piss me off :evil:

That annoys me too.  :angry: mk1 campaign with 12k miles on the clock at VW Action in the "daily driver"  class ring any bells !  :shocked:

another greg howell paint/g-werks engine... so what does that mean? some might say its a scene car with paint by X and engine by Y but ultimately its painted by a guy who knows and loves his dubs and the engine built by (possibly) the county's leader in g60's?

That's my point too. Does that mean the car is rubbish because it was paid for ? Of course not.

I'm inspired by clean tidy looking cars, they can be bog standard or they can be modded to the hilt, as long as they are clean and tidy then I have an appreciation of them. :cool:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #48 on: 18 March 2008, 13:31 »

so what does that mean? some might say its a scene car with paint by X and engine by Y but ultimately its painted by a guy who knows and loves his dubs and the engine built by (possibly) the county's leader in g60's?

If your going to pay someone to do those things and those 2 are the best at what they do then thats fair enough - everyone that pays out to have work done wants it done perfectly and having people that have a genuine love for what they do will always shine through

Offline dabill

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 18 March 2008, 13:50 »
nothing wrong with paying for the best. if you can afford it and someone else can do it better than you, then why not.

what inspires me is other people's negative attitude.

i own a white mk2 golf gti, that runs like a bag of nails, all day long i have people asking why i drive an old clapped out golf gti. when i say its a performance car, and i love working on it, they either laugh or ask why i dont buy a newer car.

i want to be able at some point to turn up in my car and have them look at it, and not be able to call it clapped out, or slow. i want them to be able to see that hard work and effort can eventually turn out results that will impress even the most negativly minded person.

and most of all. i want them to realise that new isnt always the best, and a car to me is more than a to b traveling. its about the experience of owning, building, bodging and driving, not just looking at the damn thing.

plus, my gf seriously hates the car, and i dont perticually like her, so my way of getting back at her.

noble tuned - and still not fast enough!