Author Topic: what inspires you?  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
Re: what inspires you?
« Reply #50 on: 18 March 2008, 15:06 »
a car to me is more than a to b traveling. its about the experience of owning, building, bodging and driving, not just looking at the damn thing.

couldnt think of a better way to put it

Offline dabill

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 18 March 2008, 15:16 »
dont get me wrong, i love looking at it, and its not nessisarily the best tool i could have afforded to get from a to b.

i love the stance, i love the looks, i love the old school style, and i especially love, no infact, it makes my day, when fellow enthusiasts comment on the car, praise it, along with people, who seemingly are offended by my cars existance, much to the same way that many people are offended by heavily modified/ruined corsas. those people that seem to think it nessesary to be so upset by my cars looks they need to pass comment or judgement, i simply ask why they feel this need, i dont lose my temper or get mardy with them, i just feel sorry that they have to react to another persons possesions, which clearly means so much to me, in such a negative way.

if however they persist in this negative judgement for no apparant reason, i hastily smack them in the gob.

noble tuned - and still not fast enough!

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 18 March 2008, 15:22 »
inspiration comes in many forms

but i think it comes down to this , be it self built or built by someone else on your instruction , its the sence of achievement at having something totally unique , ok it might look similar to another but no 2 will be identicle - having people comment , negative or posative , its causing a reaction that we all - car enthusiasts in general - thrive off

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #53 on: 18 March 2008, 18:21 »
im usually inspired by a picture of a nice golf found on the web, at the moment its this one-

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 19 March 2008, 08:53 »
that works for me too , thats an ace picture - looks like the `ring ?

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #55 on: 19 March 2008, 09:19 »
yeah looks like it - double inspiration!

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 19 March 2008, 09:25 »
Yup - currently my inspiration lies with lining up on the grid for my first race in a car that i have built so something like that spurs me on