Author Topic: what inspires you?  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: what inspires you?
« Reply #30 on: 15 March 2008, 21:06 »
no worries, but it does also prove that some people look for certain things, so without knowing they may be judging a car without really knowing the background (not saying you were judging that audi nick :P )..... ahh i feel like i'm just opening a big ol' can of worms here!

No I think you make a valid point, it's very easy to overlook stuff and misjudge it because it's not in within your personal sphere of interest.

I guess in some ways these cars should be treated like people, don't judge a book by it's cover.

Nick

Dinky

« Reply #31 on: 16 March 2008, 14:03 »
An heres me thinking you were asking the other questions for market research

do some advertising for your trimming services
^hahaha....thats exactly what I said to him..

But we do judge..Whether it's about a person's look, their attitude, their car...that's just human nature..

Oh and I don't get the whole "scene" thing...I just love my car, get on with a few other people whom also own veedubs and enjoy other peoples work - whether it's to my taste or not..I can still appreciate the work put into someones car and I personally, not to have a dig, find people who actually work on cars more inspiring than those who pay for it but like me, some people just don't know how to do things so we have to pay for it and anyway sometimes you do need a professional for things..but I also tend to notice the smaller, personal details than just a resprayed car lowered on bbs..not trying to be a b!tch there btw..

sorry for the ramble.. i still have alcohol in my system..  :smiley:

Dinx :kiss:
« Last Edit: 16 March 2008, 14:09 by Dinx »

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #32 on: 16 March 2008, 16:39 »
Loads of people inspired by Joe's car ! It's a black mk2 on BBS wheels. Hardly ground breaking ! :rolleyes:

.....seriously though, not sure inspired would be the right word, but I have always liked Joe's attitude to working on cars, his mk2 is wicked, it's been done over time and it's all been done by himself and I have told Joe this several times, mainly so that I can get some cheap trim stuff done in the future !  :tongue:

I am someone that pays for stuff to be done rather than doing it myself but does that mean that my car isn't as good as some one elses of a similar standard ? I don't think so. In my opinion most people that moan about trailer queens and cheque book cars are not really seeing the car itself, only how the owner has put it together, but there's no reason why that car should be seen as any different from one that has been totally done by the owner. Yes there should be respect to the DIY'er but there should also be an appreciation for both cars and I don't think there always is.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2008, 16:46 by gibby »
......now officially dubless.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #33 on: 17 March 2008, 09:51 »
oh and i forgot about the silver mk1 that only seems to come to stoner, that is just superb! the work he put into making his front grill and light set up! looks mental  :cool:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline vaughn

• I live here
  • now team wagon, and team grumpy trainee
« Reply #34 on: 17 March 2008, 10:42 »
i`ve had a good think about this as different things have inspired me through the years.
first off i was lucky enough to start my working career at a vw stealers, i had been working there for a year or so going to work on a scooter(couldn`t afford anything else as on the yts)when i passed my driving test went back to work all excited everyone was pleased for me and one of the lads had just finished servicing an oak green 16v(remember this was jan 91 so the car was only a year if that old :wink:) and said i`ll take you up the road in it and you can bring it back, now that drive back inspired me A LOT then a few months after that the bosses son bought in his g60 that had been worked on by gti engineering. at the time i had no idea what it was until the mechanic took me up the road in it, OMG as a spotty faced 18 year old that car was amazing and the fastest thing i`d ever been in and i will always remember it wheel spinning in 3rd. that just cemented in my mind that vw`s were for me. after that i always had gti`s going to stanford hall show a couple of times but apart from that just enjoying owning the cars. fast forward several years and had a bit of a defining moment in my life 5 years or so a go(which also inspired me in a funny way) and decided to try and meet up with other gti enthusiasts which was made a whole load easier due to the internet. so i joined this site and on a cold saturday night i made my way from leicester over to lincoln where i met kniterider, adamb and a few other members who loved vw`s after that i went to my first gti international where i camped with other site members,rich,gav,golfgal to name a few and had a great weekend. then a few months later i went to vwaction and i met up with even more site members and had a top weekend. all of these meet ups inspired me maybe not for the cars but people who enjoy vw`s and mainly golfs.
nowadays my inspiration is mainly meeting up with friends i have made over the last few years at shows, or meets or pre arranged nights out. also joes enthusiasm and team grumpy

sorry for the essay but thats a general idea of what has and does inspire me

and i agree with gibby as i know there are folks out there who have no mechanical ability so have to pay people to do there car but may work many hours at there job to pay for it all, so swings and roundabouts.
but people who trailer their car then enter it in the daily driver show and shine,now they really piss me off :evil:

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline Andy!

• I live here
  • VR6
« Reply #35 on: 17 March 2008, 13:25 »
Great thread you got going here joe,have you noticed that theres 4 pages without a mention of tits,fanny,arse or youtube?

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 17 March 2008, 13:32 »
yeah and hopefully it'll stay that way :P

nice to have some real input and construtive comments.
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 17 March 2008, 18:35 »
i try not to copy other ideas, but if there is something i like about another car i try and do the same, iv never really been into highly modd'in my cars and when it comes to the golf im trying to keep it looking good, but suitable

Offline maxamus

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 17 March 2008, 18:52 »
i chase the dragon - that inspires me

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #39 on: 17 March 2008, 18:56 »
What inspires me is that I want to prove you can tastefully mod a Golf without making it look like a chav mobile :)