Author Topic: what inspires you?  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: what inspires you?
« Reply #10 on: 14 March 2008, 20:46 »
My Dad :cry: Passed away last year and was into his cars. He wanted me to do something with mine.

In his memory I am :smiley:

It maybe mainly chequebook, but I'm having sooo much fun doing the little bits that my skills will let me do. It's the details that matter and having a go at doing my own boot build (however good/bad it turns out!!).

Seeing so many show cars out there over the years is great - it shows that people aren't phased by what should or shouldn't be done and that they aren't afraid to go their own way. Sure scenes come and go, but dubs will live forever :cool:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2008, 20:51 »
I see - I buy - I hide the reciepts from the Wife  :undecided:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #12 on: 14 March 2008, 20:58 »
always been into cars and my dad has always owned VeeDubs.

i mod my car to make it the way i like it; yeah other people have done the same mods as me but to me they set the car off nicely whilst keeping it sublte  :smiley: makes it all the more satisfying when you smoke some idiot in his posh car  :grin: :grin:

i can appreciate show cars but enjoy driving too much to worry about if its got the tiniest spec of dirt on it  :laugh:

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #13 on: 14 March 2008, 21:10 »
I'm insired by joe's passion for doing what he does, and for deciding one day to do it!

oh and team grumpy xxx

Offline Andy!

• I live here
  • VR6
« Reply #14 on: 14 March 2008, 21:17 »
 :rolleyes: :wink:

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 14 March 2008, 21:47 »
A simple one...

Driving past a dealership/garage and knowing that the skinned knuckles earned while struggling to maintain & repair my car on my own is worthwhile.

Alpinehead

« Reply #16 on: 14 March 2008, 22:56 »
tell ya what inspires me, the fact that i have the chance to keep this already classic car running for another 20 years, if it be this mk2 i currently own or any other 1 i may get. theres somthing about a vw, there so playable. drive it, fix it, fix it again, and again. my mission atm is to fix all the bodges the previous owner has done (which i have nearly done). as said a couple of times, joes motor is a great insperation as it has been done so well. i would be prowd if my car was 1 day as mint as mr joes!  :grin:

i find lookin at my car alot inspires ideas also.  hope that all makes sence!! :laugh:

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 15 March 2008, 01:51 »
quite shocked at the amount of inspiration i seem to have had!  :embarassed: thanks....
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #18 on: 15 March 2008, 02:21 »
Thing is mate it's well deserved admiration and not arse licking, you don't boast about it and I think people like that about you and your car. It's awesome but not in your face.

Nick

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #19 on: 15 March 2008, 04:46 »
quite shocked at the amount of inspiration i seem to have had!  :embarassed: thanks....

ive been kicking around the forum for about 2/3 years and i just like the way its organically evolved , changin a bit at a time and learning as you go along. Its got to be one of if not the most stunning cars on this forum - along with Blues its one of the first cars i remember reading about on the project sections.

No arse licking just apreciation from fellow users and unlike a certain forum thats been mentioned alot round here lately none of us for one second would think that you started this thread to get the comments you have been