Author Topic: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?  (Read 9186 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Best mobile phone for Golf 7?
« on: 31 July 2013, 14:30 »
Chaps,

I'm beginning to hate my current phone, and its not too far from upgrade time.  Anyone know if there is a list of phones that are compatible with the mk7?  What I need is one of those tables showing which features will work.  Ideally some idea of the stability of the BT connection with different brands/models, though I doubt there is any information on this.

In the past I've found some phones can only make calls, while others have full access to the phone book.  Even then there are variations.  My current phone can recognise is an incoming call is from a number in the phone book even if the contact has more than one number associated.  But if I dial out to that contact I only have the option of the first number listed, so if that is a land line I need to manually remember and type the mobile number.

What I'd hate is to sign a 2 year contract and then find the phone doesn't work very well.  I know retailers will often let you try them out, but a 10 minute play doesn't cover all bases I find.

EDIT:
Should have mentioned in my case I guess I prefer Android if possible as switching brands probably means a lot of apps might need purchasing again.

EDIT2:
I am aware of this http://87.230.74.92/mtv_standard_komp.html
But its not very good for comparing a set of phones, more just for looking at the one you already have.

EDIT3:
That link is sh!t anyway.  It has the i9000 Galaxy S, but not the i9100 Galaxy S2. :huh:
« Last Edit: 31 July 2013, 14:36 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2013, 14:38 »
IPhone5 works perfectly with it. Address book, etc, all perfect. Only thing I haven't got to work is the contact photos.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2013, 14:55 »
IPhone5 works perfectly with it. Address book, etc, all perfect. Only thing I haven't got to work is the contact photos.

Are you using the 'Lightning' adaptor Joe?
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2013, 15:02 »

Are you using the 'Lightning' adaptor Joe?
Yes, I've tried it out and it works for audio just fine. I only really use that for charging though.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2013, 15:17 »

Are you using the 'Lightning' adapter Joe?
Yes, I've tried it out and it works for audio just fine. I only really use that for charging though.

Good stuff, I've my lightning adapter ready and waiting!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2013, 15:19 »
Does the album pics from the iphone show up also if you just have the standard media system?

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2013, 15:30 »
Great news for you chaps with iphones, but does anyone have any information on Android?  There must be something out there that says what features the BT connection will offer with Android.  I can't find it but am hoping one of you brainy people can! :smiley:

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 31 July 2013, 15:37 »
Great news for you chaps with iphones, but does anyone have any information on Android?  There must be something out there that says what features the BT connection will offer with Android.  I can't find it but am hoping one of you brainy people can! :smiley:

Well, I bought the wife the new Beetle Active about 6 months ago and the touchscreen system works with her Galaxy S3 and my HTC ONE.

We both use phone, music and Audible via Bluetooth and it's wonderful!

Her phonebook also transferred across without any problem. (Favourite's were also easily added)

Without kicking off an Apple v Android debate, the latest Android devices are more versatile with Bluetooth.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 31 July 2013, 15:39 »
Her phonebook also transferred across without any problem. (Favourite's were also easily added)

Ooh, interesting.  Can it handle contacts with multiple numbers?  Have you tried using voice activation to find a contact and initiate a call to one of the numbers listed for them?

Without kicking off an Apple v Android debate

Yeah lets not do that. :cool:

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 31 July 2013, 15:56 »

Ooh, interesting.  Can it handle contacts with multiple numbers?  Have you tried using voice activation to find a contact and initiate a call to one of the numbers listed for them?

That's a very good question. I will check that tonight if I can.

Android rules  :whistle:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.