Author Topic: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?  (Read 9187 times)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
Re: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2013, 17:05 »
Is the sound quality impaired at all using bluetooth to transmit the audio?

I currently have an iPhone 4 and was planning on upgrading to the latest iPhone (in colour to match my car) when it arrives.  But by the time the car arrives we could be well up to iPhone 10.

One thing I am slightly disappointed by is the available positions for the Brodit Proclip on the MK7.  My phone sits in a really cool place in my Scirocco.  Here are the positions:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/Brodit_Images/604855.jpg
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/Brodit_Images/654854.jpg
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/Brodit_Images/654889-4.jpg

I will probably go with the 2nd one as that is the most similar setup to what I have now and you can charge it neatly there without having cables all over the place.  I have had ProClips in my last 3 cars and they have been great.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2013, 17:22 »
My Galaxy S2 running 4.1.2 crashes when trying to connected to the Mk7. To the point you have to take the battery out of the phone.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2013, 17:26 »
My Galaxy S2 running 4.1.2 crashes when trying to connected to the Mk7. To the point you have to take the battery out of the phone.

This is what I'm worried about.  Phones can be very temperamental about which cars the like and how reliable the BT connection is in my experience.  Its almost as if BT connections "age" as the stability seems to get progressively worse until after maybe 6 months it won't connect and I have to unpair and connect again.

Hoping I can find a phone that works well with the mk7!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 31 July 2013, 17:26 »

That's Android for you  :whistle: :lipsrsealed:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 31 July 2013, 17:33 »
I've got a Samsung galaxy s2 running 4.1.2 and had no problems at all in the 2 hour test drive I had. it was the first thing I connected and did when I got in the car. I'm due an upgrade soon so I'll be going for the s4. the sound was crystal clear on the music, contacts were all imported no problem and incoming and outgoing calls worked perfectly.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Running Man

« Reply #15 on: 31 July 2013, 20:45 »
Totally with you Bear and understand your quest  :smiley: though to be honest all phones are a hindrance now, lets get back to no mobiles, no coffee shops, no Internet  :whistle:, no wheelie bins, AND MORE THAN ANYTHING NO WASPS.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 31 July 2013, 20:45 »
My Galaxy S3, Nexus 4 and now HTC ONE all work perfectly with my X-Trails bluetooth audio and handsfree.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 31 July 2013, 21:48 »
Is the sound quality impaired at all using bluetooth to transmit the audio?

I currently have an iPhone 4 and was planning on upgrading to the latest iPhone (in colour to match my car) when it arrives.  But by the time the car arrives we could be well up to iPhone 10.

One thing I am slightly disappointed by is the available positions for the Brodit Proclip on the MK7.  My phone sits in a really cool place in my Scirocco.  Here are the positions:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/Brodit_Images/604855.jpg
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/Brodit_Images/654854.jpg
http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/Brodit_Images/654889-4.jpg

I will probably go with the 2nd one as that is the most similar setup to what I have now and you can charge it neatly there without having cables all over the place.  I have had ProClips in my last 3 cars and they have been great.

I'll be going for the third one.  That's where I have my current clip positioned.  I think this is a new mount position for the MK7 as when I checked a few months ago it wasn't available.

Can't beat a brodit  :smiley:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Yanny

« Reply #18 on: 31 July 2013, 22:07 »
does the mk7 have built in blue tooth?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 31 July 2013, 22:10 »
Totally with you Bear and understand your quest  :smiley: though to be honest all phones are a hindrance now, lets get back to no mobiles, no coffee shops, no Internet  :whistle:, no wheelie bins, AND MORE THAN ANYTHING NO WASPS.

Could not agree more n some of those points (although I think you talk in jest).

Most of my mates are glued to their mobiles, even when down the pub - put the feckers away! I don't actually have a mobile - from a work point of view it was like I was on call and not getting paid for it. At home, when I worked CSPs, the missus used to ring me up from work to ask me to do this that and the other when I was enjoying my 4 days off. What did people do with their time before they had mobils and how many people did they actually call on their landline?  :whistle:

Coffee shops! What the hell are they all about? Everytime I walk past one the people inside have a face like a smacked arse if they're not into the free wifi on their laptop. Theres only one drink that should be worthy of your £3.50 and that's a cold pint of continental lager (or Cider on a warm day). At least you know most of it is going to the tax man and you'll probably be looking happier than the coffee shop bunch while you're drinking it! :laugh: Did anyone drink coffee before "Friends" came on the telly?  :undecided:

I feel I am in the minority with my views here.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2013, 22:14 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.