Author Topic: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?  (Read 9184 times)

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
Re: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?
« Reply #20 on: 31 July 2013, 22:25 »
Totally with you Bear and understand your quest  :smiley: though to be honest all phones are a hindrance now, lets get back to no mobiles, no coffee shops, no Internet  :whistle:, no wheelie bins, AND MORE THAN ANYTHING NO WASPS.

Could not agree more n some of those points (although I think you talk in jest).

Most of my mates are glued to their mobiles, even when down the pub. Theres only one drink that should be worthy of your £3.50 and that's a cold pint of continental lager (or Cider on a warm day). At least you know most of it is going to the tax man and you'll probably be looking happier than the coffee shop bunch while you're drinking it! :laugh: Did anyone drink coffee before "Friends" came on the telly?  :undecided:

I feel I am in the minority with my views here.

Agree on these points.

SENT ON MY HTC ONE

Which connects great to my Audi btw :)
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 31 July 2013, 22:25 »
does the mk7 have built in blue tooth?

Yes.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Running Man

« Reply #22 on: 31 July 2013, 22:42 »
Totally with you Bear and understand your quest  :smiley: though to be honest all phones are a hindrance now, lets get back to no mobiles, no coffee shops, no Internet  :whistle:, no wheelie bins, AND MORE THAN ANYTHING NO WASPS.

Could not agree more n some of those points (although I think you talk in jest).

Most of my mates are glued to their mobiles, even when down the pub - put the feckers away! I don't actually have a mobile - from a work point of view it was like I was on call and not getting paid for it. At home, when I worked CSPs, the missus used to ring me up from work to ask me to do this that and the other when I was enjoying my 4 days off. What did people do with their time before they had mobils and how many people did they actually call on their landline?  :whistle:

Coffee shops! What the hell are they all about? Everytime I walk past one the people inside have a face like a smacked arse if they're not into the free wifi on their laptop. Theres only one drink that should be worthy of your £3.50 and that's a cold pint of continental lager (or Cider on a warm day). At least you know most of it is going to the tax man and you'll probably be looking happier than the coffee shop bunch while you're drinking it! :laugh: Did anyone drink coffee before "Friends" came on the telly?  :undecided:

I feel I am in the minority with my views here.

I'm with you it's no jest  :wink:  I do want to eradicate wasps as well, mother f**k*rs  :angry:

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #23 on: 31 July 2013, 23:28 »
HTC One  :wink:

not failed with anything yet - including my current Fiscon pro unit in the MK 6
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #24 on: 31 July 2013, 23:31 »
or Cider on a warm day

QFT.

But what is this about wasps?  Surely its moths you want to get rid of... unless... you don't mean that kind of wasp? :huh:

Anyhow here is another dilemma.  Seems like you can't go wrong with the HTC One or the Galaxy S4.  However, which network?  Vodafone is out after they made me pay 18 months line rental for their V360 service despite them shutting it down after 3 months due to technical difficulties.  Assholes.

I could stick with O2 who have been pretty good, but then its only 3G... and shoddy 3G for that matter (though still 1million x better than Vodacrap).  The wild card is EE.  They don't currently do 4G in Cambridgeshire, but promise to do by 2014.  Gotta reckon they'll have 4G up well before O2 who can barely do 3G right now.  But then EE prices are about 50% more (but O2 says additional charges for 4G but not what they will be).

So should I switch to EE?  I'm thinking I should.  Any advice?
« Last Edit: 31 July 2013, 23:55 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 01 August 2013, 00:36 »
If you are talking about which Network related to the Golf then it doesn't really matter as the car doesn't take advantage of the phones data unfortunately unlike other manufacturers.

The network to go with really depends on where you stay / work. 02 used to be fantastic where I worked as I could get a full 3G signal inside then a new building was erected and the signal is now terrible. In saying that its great everywhere else for me.

EE has 4G up and running in Glasgow and a work colleague showed me it on his phone. Wow it is fast. Its like using your home broadband on your phone. Lightening speed but expensive I believe.

I've just moved the whole family (5 of us) to GiffGaff that runs on the o2 network.
By doing this I've managed to take the monthly bill from over £100 down to £50 with everyone now getting a lot more data.
http://giffgaff.com/goodybags
Its a SIM only network at present although they are about to sell phones.
Going this route I found it cheaper buying my Galaxy S3 sim free and then getting the SIM. I was fed up being tied to a 24 months contract.
Now I'm free to change phones / sims whenever I like.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2013, 00:43 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #26 on: 01 August 2013, 01:26 »
My advice mate - go for a T-Mobile contract -

Today - 'full monty' 'sim only' 12 months £26 - that's unlimited calls, texts and data - buy your own phone (HTC One  :wink:)
I have just read that O2 and Voda are planning 4G starting very soon - EE 4G price will drop shortly and its a no cost upgrade from T-Mobile

Be quick though - the offer runs out at 10am  :undecided:

Quote:
Full Monty SIM £26 - 12M

Unlimited data on your phone
Unlimited texts - Any network, any time
Unlimited talk - Any network, any time
WiFi access on the London Underground at no extra cost

and here is the O2 4G info
http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2013/08/01/o2-confirm-4g-launch-in-uk/
« Last Edit: 01 August 2013, 08:25 by RikWebb »
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 01 August 2013, 23:08 »
Having recently moved from Vodafone to EE I can honestly say I wouldn't touch EE with a barge pole.

4g is fast in the cities but their signal/coverage is awefull.  Since the merger between O2 and TMobile I have read that they are taking down masts that have an overlap so I expect coverage to get worse  :sad:

Everything Everywhere apart from phone signal apparently...
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2013, 23:11 »
Having recently moved from Vodafone to EE I can honestly say I wouldn't touch EE with a barge pole.

4g is fast in the cities but their signal/coverage is awefull.  Since the merger between O2 and TMobile I have read that they are taking down masts that have an overlap so I expect coverage to get worse  :sad:

Was it not orange and TMobile that merged to form EE??
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 01 August 2013, 23:13 »

I think its orange and TMobile that merged to form EE

Yeah - sorry - that's what I meant  :smiley:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13