Author Topic: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?  (Read 9185 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Best mobile phone for Golf 7?
« Reply #30 on: 02 August 2013, 09:01 »
Just the throw this into the mix:  O2 have the worst conversion rate of all the networks with regards delivered SMS's - ie. they are more likely to 'lose' your text than anyone else.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #31 on: 02 August 2013, 17:43 »

Well - I can now confirm that on the Nav Pro, the HTC One works wonderfully
Contact pictures come through as well
Media plays through BT too

I will see if I can figure the google stuff while I have it.
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 02 August 2013, 18:23 »
Having recently moved from Vodafone to EE I can honestly say I wouldn't touch EE with a barge pole.

4g is fast in the cities but their signal/coverage is awefull.  Since the merger between O2 and TMobile I have read that they are taking down masts that have an overlap so I expect coverage to get worse  :sad:

Everything Everywhere apart from phone signal apparently...

I used to be on Orange and obviously now on EE.  They made some clerical errors and I was without service at all for four days, pretty despicable in itself.

Coverage has got worse in my area and I am thinking they should be called "NA" for Nothing Anywhere.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 02 August 2013, 18:32 »
Having recently moved from Vodafone to EE I can honestly say I wouldn't touch EE with a barge pole.

4g is fast in the cities but their signal/coverage is awefull.  Since the merger between O2 and TMobile I have read that they are taking down masts that have an overlap so I expect coverage to get worse  :(

Everything Everywhere apart from phone signal apparently...

I used to be on Orange and obviously now on EE.  They made some clerical errors and I was without service at all for four days, pretty despicable in itself.

Coverage has got worse in my area and I am thinking they should be called "NA" for Nothing Anywhere.

I'm on EE and have been with them since the days of one2one but it has got worse over the last 12 months since the Orange merge, i did think about switching to o2 but since they've said that their 4G service won't be compatible with the iphone 5 they can kiss my arse! At one time you could only get an iphone on o2 so wtf is going on? ???
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #34 on: 02 August 2013, 18:42 »
I'm with 3 and also looking at phone/provider options come October when I can swap.  FWIW though, my mum was with Orange, and now EE.  At work she used to get full bars on her mobile with no issues, now she can't get a signal at all, so I will definitely not be going with them.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep