Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 111647 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #610 on: 13 March 2010, 11:35 »
got my gti today (friday). White 5 door dsg, monzas,rcd510 touch,heated cloth,bluetooth,park assist with camera,cruise and complimentary service plan and complimentary luxury pack. total price 25916.00 ,todays price...30060.00. thats fine , no issue with that, after i had to adjust the final invoice TWICE. however i have an issue with slight shudder on coming to a dead stop. dont know if this is something to do with breaks bedding in or what. has anyone else experienced this?
Good to hear.  :smiley:

I have updated the status table on page 1 with all the new arrivals (i don't think i missed anyone?) :smiley:

A friend of mine has just bought a TTRS for his other half. Delivery time he tells me is 8 days :grin:

Those that have wangled some compo from the dealer or VW i have a question. I know this is a bit personal but what sort of discount if any did you originally get?
« Last Edit: 13 March 2010, 16:07 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #611 on: 13 March 2010, 12:31 »
as you know snop I have not got mine yet but my dealer indicated a 'good will' guesture of £300, time will tell, I will be pushing for a few things out of the accessory brouchure too
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #612 on: 13 March 2010, 13:28 »
got my gti today (friday). White 5 door dsg, monzas,rcd510 touch,heated cloth,bluetooth,park assist with camera,cruise and complimentary service plan and complimentary luxury pack. total price 25916.00 ,todays price...30060.00. thats fine , no issue with that, after i had to adjust the final invoice TWICE. however i have an issue with slight shudder on coming to a dead stop. dont know if this is something to do with breaks bedding in or what. has anyone else experienced this?
Good to hear.  :smiley:
I have updated the status table on page 1 with all the new arrivals :smiley:
A friend of mine has just bought a TTRS for his other half. Delivery time he tells me is 8 days :grin:
Those that have wangled some compo from the dealer or VW i have a question. I know this is a bit personal but what sort of discount if any did you originally get?

An 8% discount. Can't remember what it now translates to in real money without going through or finding the paperwork.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #613 on: 13 March 2010, 13:48 »
Compensation?

My price was the same as the day I ordered it.  So went through 2? price rises as well as my VAT being frozen at 15% as agreed by the dealer and VW.

Also got my steel door trims, mudflaps, free lifeshine, a bottle of Moet & Chandon champers and a big box of chocolates.

Feeling generous, I gave my salesbloke a nice bottle of white and red wine as I was very pleased that he got the car over this week.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #614 on: 13 March 2010, 13:54 »
Compensation?
My price was the same as the day I ordered it.  So went through 2? price rises as well as my VAT being frozen at 15% as agreed by the dealer and VW.
Also got my steel door trims, mudflaps, free lifeshine, a bottle of Moet & Chandon champers and a big box of chocolates.
Feeling generous, I gave my salesbloke a nice bottle of white and red wine as I was very pleased that he got the car over this week.

You did really well.
I had to pay for every little bit. No goodwill gestures coming my way unfortunately.
Did you really get the champers and chocolates?

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #615 on: 13 March 2010, 14:22 »
You did really well.
I had to pay for every little bit. No goodwill gestures coming my way unfortunately.

Sure did.  Going to give the choccies to my mum for mothers day, and the mrs and me will enjoy the champers.
 :cool:

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #616 on: 13 March 2010, 14:26 »
You did really well.
Sure did.  Going to give the choccies to my mum for mothers day, and the mrs and me will enjoy the champers.
 :cool:

Hilarious! :laugh:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #617 on: 13 March 2010, 15:57 »
An 8% discount. Can't remember what it now translates to in real money without going through or finding the paperwork.
Thank you, thats exactly what i wanted to know. (Your original discount level on the original price back in August) Thats basically the same level as i got. There more or less saying thats why no compo  :sad:
« Last Edit: 13 March 2010, 16:05 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #618 on: 13 March 2010, 17:02 »
Picked up my little silver beaut this morning. I was in and out of the dealer's in less than an hour and was personally give a bottle of Lanson champagne by the guy in charge who apologised for the crazy delays. I also got the top up oil.

First impression is... I LOVE IT  :smiley: :smiley: I won't be able to take any pics until next weekend but I love the gruff note of the exhaust and that for a hottish hatch it is so comfortable and easy to drive. The only slight quirky thing I've noticed in the 120 miles of driving (around the M25- gulp !) is that the gas pedal is set further towards the front than the brake pedal is so I need to move my right foot back in order to brake rather than just slide it to the left.

Even though it's in relatively discreet silver, I had more than my fair share of looks and double takes .. and it's not just because I'm not a bad looking guy either  :grin: :grin:

Being one of the most vocal members of the August club, I can honestly say the others who said the wait is worth it are spot on. Hope this helps people like Snoopy who are banging their heads against brick walls...

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #619 on: 13 March 2010, 17:07 »
In my excitement, I forgot to talk about compensation.. Recently I got free GAP insurance and the first service free. Originally I twisted their arm to give me free supaguard and mud flaps (not to everyones' taste I know), £2k more than my p/x car was worth and a discount to the list price to boot. I paid a smidge over £26k but , with the VAT increase, the list paid is approx £30.3k- something like that anyhow... :smiley: