Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112346 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #620 on: 13 March 2010, 18:07 »
Enjoy it and im really glad the dealer came through in the end for you. :smiley: :cool: All the best mate and have fun. :cool:

So how are the rest of us doing. Any updates from

ScottieC ?
Mc_pherson ?
Yamz89 ?

RickS ?

JJH don't worry have not left you out mate, i seem to remember updating yours a day or so ago?
« Last Edit: 14 March 2010, 09:37 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #621 on: 13 March 2010, 19:04 »
Picked up my little silver beaut this morning. I was in and out of the dealer's in less than an hour and was personally give a bottle of Lanson champagne by the guy in charge who apologised for the crazy delays. I also got the top up oil.

First impression is... I LOVE IT  :smiley: :smiley: I won't be able to take any pics until next weekend but I love the gruff note of the exhaust and that for a hottish hatch it is so comfortable and easy to drive. The only slight quirky thing I've noticed in the 120 miles of driving (around the M25- gulp !) is that the gas pedal is set further towards the front than the brake pedal is so I need to move my right foot back in order to brake rather than just slide it to the left.

Even though it's in relatively discreet silver, I had more than my fair share of looks and double takes .. and it's not just because I'm not a bad looking guy either  :grin: :grin:

Being one of the most vocal members of the August club, I can honestly say the others who said the wait is worth it are spot on. Hope this helps people like Snoopy who are banging their heads against brick walls...

Well done mate, congrats.  Really pleased for you.  We should defo do an August orders mini meet, and have a decent photo opp.

I feel bad for Snoops though.  Here we all are elated and overjoyed, and the poor fella seems to be had over a barrell.  I think we should all descend on Snoops dealer when he goes to pickup, and give him some moral support as well as giving evil vexing stares at his tossy salesbloke.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline Duncreflex

• Not said much yet
« Reply #622 on: 13 March 2010, 19:11 »
Pick up my candy white GTI this afternoon.

Even after seein a couple on the roads and looking at picture posts on here, I was taken a back. It looks the Business  :cool:
Dealer recommended take it easy first 500 miles, so I’ve just been plodding around.
I can still however hear that distinctive exhaust note, as well as feeling the initial kick of the turbo as it comes in low done in the revs. I’m really looking forward to putting it through its passes.
Pictures will follow  :wink:

My dealer has apologised for the wait on several occasions, and has been fairly helpful over the course of these long 6-7 months, however I still think asking for 5 out of 5 when the dealer appraisal comes through, is a wee bit cheeky.  :smug:   
Gti mark 6, Candy white, 18" monza shadows, ACC, cruise control.

Offline devito

• GTI forum regular
shudder when stopping
« Reply #623 on: 13 March 2010, 22:08 »
has anyone experienced a slight shudder when coming to a stop in their mk 6. After waiting 7 mths for the car, i knew there'd be something that was'nt quiet right. I thought it might be the brakes bedding in something .Having read posts regarding faulty DSG boxes, i fear the worst. Went back to the dealers today to report it and was promised a phone call from the service manager on monday. I'll keep you all posted as to what solution they give. Another reason i went in person today was to pick up a boot liner, and guess what, it does'nt fit.                                                                                                       One more thing; Do the mats that come with the GTI have the GTI logos on them or are they the cheepo plain ones?

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #624 on: 14 March 2010, 06:48 »
One more thing; Do the mats that come with the GTI have the GTI logos on them or are they the cheepo plain ones?

Plain Black.
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #625 on: 14 March 2010, 07:38 »
One more thing; Do the mats that come with the GTI have the GTI logos on them or are they the cheepo plain ones?

Plain Black.

:drool:Pick up my baby tomorrow, can't wait; GTI mats were £70.50 extra but I've seen them and they are pretty good; red piping and red embroidered GTI logos.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2010, 09:12 by RickS »
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #626 on: 14 March 2010, 09:18 »
Enjoy it and im really glad the dealer came through in the end for you. :smiley: :cool: All the best mate and have fun. :cool:

So how are the rest of us doing. Any updates from

RickS

Snoopy; as posted earlier today, I pick up mine at 10:30 tomorrow, apparently it's already been attracting admiring glances and complements at the dealership. Even though I've seen lots of pics of them, I will still get a big kick out of picking up MY PERSONAL GTI.  :cool:
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #627 on: 14 March 2010, 09:24 »
oops edited this by mistake rather than a new post  :embarassed: I have no idea what was here before  :grin:
« Last Edit: 17 March 2010, 17:50 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #628 on: 14 March 2010, 15:34 »

Well done mate, congrats.  Really pleased for you.  We should defo do an August orders mini meet, and have a decent photo opp.

I feel bad for Snoops though.  Here we all are elated and overjoyed, and the poor fella seems to be had over a barrell.  I think we should all descend on Snoops dealer when he goes to pickup, and give him some moral support as well as giving evil vexing stares at his tossy salesbloke.
[/quote]

Snoopy and I used the same dealer chain for our motors so I feel a little guilty myself tbh. All I can say is I'm not that shocked by the treatment. I even heard from someone who works there that they actually sold a polo to a lady only to phone her up saying they couldn't sell it to her because it had already been sold to auction. Great customer service huh ???

But at the risk of sounding like a broken record, the wait is really worth it. I've been playing around the dynoaudio and am more than happy with the sound quality and the fact I got DAB as well. Saying that, the soundtrack isn't half as good as when the window is down and you hear the exhaust note  :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #629 on: 14 March 2010, 15:49 »
Dynaudio  :tongue:

I have my desktop background photo to look at to keep me happy :laugh:

:evil:
« Last Edit: 14 March 2010, 15:52 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI