Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112313 times)

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #590 on: 11 March 2010, 19:28 »
Any serious suggestions on how i can aproach my case worker at VW about the dealer not doing anything with the car for the past week?

I think you've got to be honest. Surely they'll manage to get some sort of compensation for everything you've been through.

For what it's worth mate, I had confirmation this morning that my first service will be FOC in consideration of the chasing around I had to get done last week to get my p/x car MOT'd and venting my frustration as a result....

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #591 on: 11 March 2010, 19:46 »
I'm almost there!!

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=147434.0

:wink:

Lovely lovely motor mate. Was surprised you had the choice of number plates- I didn't get a say when I the dealer spoke to me this week. I was talking to the guy who did the MOT on my p/x car the other day and he reckoned they stopped doing that now ?

Your dealer pulled out all the stops by the sounds of things- you've got a good one there  :smiley:

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #592 on: 11 March 2010, 21:02 »
Lovely lovely motor mate. Was surprised you had the choice of number plates- I didn't get a say when I the dealer spoke to me this week. I was talking to the guy who did the MOT on my p/x car the other day and he reckoned they stopped doing that now ?

Your dealer pulled out all the stops by the sounds of things- you've got a good one there  :smiley:

Thanks matee, lets just get to midday tomorrow and drive it away all shipshape.  The dealer group is Caffyns, theyre quite a large chain throughout Sussex, covering numerous brands such as Volvo, Audi and VW. They were unaffected by the DVLA strike as well, my salesbloke said they have a direct link into the DVLA database.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline Duncreflex

• Not said much yet
« Reply #593 on: 12 March 2010, 10:05 »
Just been to the dealership
I've seen her!!

half past 3 tomorrow we drive away  :smiley:
Gti mark 6, Candy white, 18" monza shadows, ACC, cruise control.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #594 on: 12 March 2010, 11:09 »
Any serious suggestions on how i can aproach my case worker at VW about the dealer not doing anything with the car for the past week?
I think you've got to be honest. Surely they'll manage to get some sort of compensation for everything you've been through.

For what it's worth mate, I had confirmation this morning that my first service will be FOC in consideration of the chasing around I had to get done last week to get my p/x car MOT'd and venting my frustration as a result....
I wish, it hits deff ears when i ask, VW blaim the dealer, Dealer blaim VW and im going round and round in circles getting dizzy and more angry :angry: . Compo i think i may need to sort face to face  :evil: at the dealers when i go to pick it up as its just not working on the phone
I phoned VWcs earlier and been given my number plate! They say i should have it in there view early next week and they will phone me next friday to see how it went.  :grin:
The rest they say i have to speak to the dealer about, delivery time, payment etc so back onto the dealer earlier this morning they said they they will phone me back and im waiting for a call back  :grin: on whats happening to my car :undecided:.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2010, 11:13 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #595 on: 12 March 2010, 11:17 »
Snoops,

You said that it was a Southern based dealer that you were buying from.  I really hope its not Caffyns, but if it is, i seem to have a good rapport going with not only my sales bloke, but the branch manager.  So if it is Caffyns, let me know and I can say "My mates ordered a GTI from you and......"

I'd understand if it was Caffyns at Hove.  I've had issues with them before as well when my mum bought her Lupo from them a few years back.  A shoddy place.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #596 on: 12 March 2010, 11:20 »
I wish it was, mines in Milton Keynes  :wink: A quick google should show who they are if anyone really want to know :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #597 on: 12 March 2010, 11:28 »
I wish it was, mines in Milton Keynes  :wink: A quick google should show who they are if anyone really want to know :undecided:

I'd say Wayward rather than Wayside!
Not long now for you.
You have probably had the worst treatment of anyone on this forum.
Hang in there.
All the best.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #598 on: 12 March 2010, 11:37 »
I needed to listen to this, always chears me up :smiley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-rJ-6hBfSo
« Last Edit: 12 March 2010, 12:09 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #599 on: 12 March 2010, 12:08 »

You have probably had the worst treatment of anyone on this forum.
Hang in there.
All the best.

As someone who gave up ages ago, I have the utmost respect for Snoopy's hanging on in there, and really hope you finally get the car (and the compo) you deserve!!
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)