Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 111644 times)

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #160 on: 15 December 2009, 23:50 »
Just sent my dealer an email, cancelling my order and asking for my deposit back   :sad:

Good luck to all those still waiting for theirs, hope they're not delayed for too long
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline bentornado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #161 on: 16 December 2009, 08:35 »
New to site!

order 16/11 been given BW11

Spec:
5 door tornado red, sunroof, Monza's, 510 with dynaudio

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #162 on: 16 December 2009, 08:38 »
New to site!

order 16/11 been given BW11

Spec:
5 door tornado red, sunroof, Monza's, 510 with dynaudio

Welcome mate, I too have a red 5 door so you obviously have impeccable taste.......

Offline bentornado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #163 on: 16 December 2009, 10:45 »
thanx

took a lot of deciding for the colour had a phantom black A3 sportback 2.0TDI quattro S line as last car until someone helped themselves to my keys. It was a close decision between Audi and Golf but always wanted a GTi and since compnay cars policy changed to include petrol I went for the GTI but seen alot of Audi blacks etc on road and they do look very nice but havent seen a single GTI on the road so just want mine to come can't cope with another 3 months of questioning my decision to get the golf over the A3

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #164 on: 16 December 2009, 22:43 »
Just sent my dealer an email, cancelling my order and asking for my deposit back   :sad:

Good luck to all those still waiting for theirs, hope they're not delayed for too long
Good luck mate,  :sad: I understand.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline RickS

• I live here
AUGUST orders list & thread
« Reply #165 on: 17 December 2009, 10:16 »
GTi ordered 29th August.

Read a post on here some time ago that delays in production were caused by VW not receiving adequate supplies of the RCD510.
My dealer has confirmed that this is one of the major problems. My trade-in was valued in August but they allowed for 3 months further depreciation as, at that time, they expected me to get my new GTi in Nov/Dec.
Build week still not confirmed and is now provisional week 6. Dealer wants my trade-in in January and will give me a [new I think] loan car; also offered me £200 off new one as a good will gesture for being so patient. No VAT increase will be passed on to me.
Although impatient, I'm now resigned to waiting until March for my car; at least it will be on a 10 plate.

:undecided:

2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline ScottieC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #166 on: 17 December 2009, 10:49 »
Just spoke with the dealer, no change to the 06/10 provisional build week.  So, looking on the bright side it hasn't shifted right again and it has been at this build week for about 6 weeks now.

I'll also drop my present car and trade in off at the dealers and get my hire car on the 4th Jan, 20 weeks after the order went in.

I just hope I'm not being lulled into a false sense of security.......

:embarassed:

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #167 on: 17 December 2009, 19:32 »
Just spoke with the dealer, no change to the 06/10 provisional build week.  So, looking on the bright side it hasn't shifted right again and it has been at this build week for about 6 weeks now.

I'll also drop my present car and trade in off at the dealers and get my hire car on the 4th Jan, 20 weeks after the order went in.

I just hope I'm not being lulled into a false sense of security.......

:embarassed:

This sounds similar to the deal I've been offered but I haven't heard anything from the dealer for a couple of weeks now. It's getting pretty close to when I'm meant to be picking up the hire car so, like you, I'm not getting carried away...  :undecided:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #168 on: 20 December 2009, 13:46 »
Any updates i may have missed off our tables?

If any of you have a list of the build weeks for your car i will add them to show any trend.

What i meen is if you have regular checked what your build week is i will update our table to show this. For example

Original build week 46 then went to 48 then 50 then 06 then 04 now 05.
« Last Edit: 20 December 2009, 13:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Toon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #169 on: 23 December 2009, 14:05 »
My update.
Ordered August 26th
BW 48
Car delivered yesterday.

It has exceeded my expectations in the first 24 hours of ownership. Well worth the 4 month wait. Everything working well and it looks very well screwed together. The DSG is just stunning and I would highly recommend the extra cost for this over and above aesthetic things like leather seats and sunroofs etc.

Good luck to all the remaining August orderers - the cars can't be that far away now surely?
Mk 7.5 Performance | DSG | 19" Brescia | Atlantic Blue | 5 door