Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112356 times)

Offline Jimbo23

• Not said much yet
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #140 on: 11 December 2009, 11:39 »
Ops! Editing to make it look nice!

I've done no work at all this morning, just surfing for info about the delays and also bluetooth! So it still looking like the RCD510 is causing delays?

I guess this is the wrong place to ask, but I will anyway (!)... I've gone for the DAB option which (I think) is actually built into the headunit and you get that DAB button on it... does anyone know with any certainty that the MDI still works comes with it. I've seen at least one post from someone saying that they got both but the brouchures still say that DAB is in lieu of MDI? Also, anyone know if the DAB option will support DAB+ if and when it gets deployed?

I'm also very keen on the Fiscon too... depending whether I can get it authorised by my boss!

Thanks!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #141 on: 11 December 2009, 12:28 »
I know how you feel. My first few weeks after ordering my TDi  was spent reading the brochure front to back and back again and finding as many Golf MK VI forums as I could. Sad I know but it made the time go quicker  :laugh:

The fiscon unit is a good buy and I'm glad I went for it. I'm sure they are still doing a group buy.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=127988.0

I know what you mean re DAB and the MDI some say you get both but the literature suggests otherwise.
It has also been mentioned on these forums so worth having a search.
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=241
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/32206.aspx

Yes the DAB seems to be in the actual unit as opposed to being a separate addon according to their accessory list
http://www.volkswagenaccessories.co.uk/accessories/SearchAccessories.do?range=Golf&groupId=131&modelId=9&text=&pager.offset=10

EDIT: Sorry just realised this was in the August orders thread  :embarassed:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #142 on: 11 December 2009, 12:33 »
Its now listed without it deleting the MDI in the new price list.

Its not just the RCD510 causing delays. As not everyone whos car is delays has ordered them. It seems to be the RCD310 as well from what others are saying. I think this is simply a smoke screen and theres other reasons myself. Afterall building a car without it is not a problem it can still be build and added at the end of production in the carpark!
Hell if this was the actual reason if they had bothered to ask customers i would think quite a few would have chosen to upgrade to say satnav or take it without any at all!(as long as the price reflected it!). 3 months delay because of a radio. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 11 December 2009, 12:38 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #143 on: 11 December 2009, 13:01 »
Its not just the RCD510 causing delays. As not everyone whos car is delays has ordered them. It seems to be the RCD310 as well from what others are saying. I think this is simply a smoke screen and theres other reasons myself. Afterall building a car without it is not a problem it can still be build and added at the end of production in the carpark!

There are many component supply issues at present as the manufacturers re-establish the supply chain after the disruption in the last 18 months. This will inevitably have a knock-on effect on new car prices, since it has been the economies of scale in mass production which have allowed modern cars to be priced so competitively. At the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if some vehicle ranges aren't being built at a loss to the manufacturer.
Golf R

Offline Toon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #144 on: 12 December 2009, 09:30 »
My August Order update :

Ordered August 25th
Car Built BW48
Hoping for Dec 18th delivery or Christmas week at worst.

Tornado Red
DSG
4 door
Winter Pack
Dynaudio
RCD510
Luxury Pack
Cruise
Parking Sensors

Mk 7.5 Performance | DSG | 19" Brescia | Atlantic Blue | 5 door

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #145 on: 14 December 2009, 14:50 »
Favour needed,
Of the guys with official order forms, could you check the small print for me please and see what the terms and conditions are for cancelling and getting your deposit back. Im guessing its set VW rules not just dealers rules.
Thanks.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline maksta

• Not said much yet
« Reply #146 on: 14 December 2009, 17:41 »
Hey all

I have now got my Golf GTI!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cool:

Picked her today, all in good condition, did all the checks, although i will do more later, and the dealer is fine with this.

all in all, i am very pleased with the service (apart from long wait, but thats VW issue rather than dealer), and the car seems amazing!

one thing mentioned by my dealer was that, you dont need to break the engine in slowly (ie 1st 1000miles at less than 3500rpm), and he said that its a good idea to put it through its paces. he said that the performance of the engine in the long run is determined by how well you run it in (ie. give it a good drive, and not hold back!!) - what do you lot think??? and what have the dealers told you on collection??? would be quite interested to know.

Thanks
M :cool:

p.s. my dealer also gave me a nice bottle of Lanson Black Label Champagne!  :cool:

Offline steven_9709

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #147 on: 14 December 2009, 18:08 »
My dealer told me to take it easy for the first 1000 miles or so...that's been backed up on here by the thread about running your engine in!
3 door Carbon Grey DSG, Leather, Xenons, Parking Sensors, 18" Monza Shadows.

Offline Riksta

• Just got here
« Reply #148 on: 14 December 2009, 19:03 »
Favour needed,
Of the guys with official order forms, could you check the small print for me please and see what the terms and conditions are for cancelling and getting your deposit back. Im guessing its set VW rules not just dealers rules.
Thanks.

My order was through a VW dealer, clause 3b) and 4) of the terms and conditions of sale rougly read (i can't find the actual copy right now);

3b) if the goods have not been delivered 21 days after the delivery date, the purchaser can write to the seller and request that the goods are delivered within 7 days of receipt of the letter,
4) if the seller fails to deliver goods under clause 3b) the contract can be cancelled and the deposit returned to the purchaser

I checked this stuff out before I cancelled last week , I didn't actually have to write them a letter in the end, got the deposit back no probs. 

Have you finally had enough of waiting?

Offline maksta

• Not said much yet
« Reply #149 on: 14 December 2009, 19:26 »

My dealer told me to take it easy for the first 1000 miles or so...that's been backed up on here by the thread about running your engine in!

yeah thats what i thought steven_9709

i think i will be on safe side and take it easy for 1000miles, should take me 6-8 weeks i think!