i see your point ash but to be honest why spend all that money and do all that work when you can buy an original??
and get all those extras that come with the original as well...
thats just my opinion ash like i said im not a fan of replicas at all if someone wants to thats fine but i laugh at reps as it just means they cant afford the real thing.... and done even have the power ect of the real thing
1) Because a) then I could choose the engine I want (aum -
KO3s) and engine cost me £700 so its not that much is it, if you upgrade to a KO3s on your engine you got to spend £250 just for the turbo. And another reason is when I smash a Gti and lean over and say "this used to be a 1.4" I get a feeling of reward everytime, other people just go oh its just a Gti so expect it to be quick?
3) When you say extra's what exactly do you mean electric windows, a/c, traction control? Well correct me if im wrong but yours is a Gti and you dont have A/C or ESP?

Electric windows? Not too bothered about it but if I was it would be an afternoons work and £50?
3) About replica's? Not having the power of the real thing? a) Mine isnt an R32 rep hence the rear bumper smoothed b) no I cant afford an r32 and dont want one the v6 is a petrol killer c) my car has got more power then an r32?
Sorry to break you down but the things you are saying just dont make sense to me, sorry if I offended any other Gti owners here I just want to explain to Linz the reason and method behind the madness