Author Topic: VAQ Diff not working, Possible?  (Read 6316 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: VAQ Diff not working, Possible?
« Reply #30 on: 03 March 2023, 21:50 »
Maybe try to find another local GT PP owner and compare cars. You say PS5 are nothing special, although I haven;t tried the 5, surely they have to be up there as a benchmark tyre on which to base performance of your diff on the road?

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 05 March 2023, 07:05 »
You say PS5 are nothing special, although I haven;t tried the 5, surely they have to be up there as a benchmark tyre on which to base performance of your diff on the road?

Yes probably, but to clarify the 'nothing special' comment, the PS5 offer high grip and comfort, but I feel they lack a sense of what the car is doing. PS5's have very large gaps in the outer tread blocks compared to GYF1 ASM 5 for example, which may be one of the causes especially when cornering harder.  I picked them for grip and comfort for the 1st replacement set (car still had original tyres on when I bought it) so not complaining, but they aren't the last word in feedback. The lighter wheels and discs I now have do make it more sprightly, but the next set of tyres will be more sport orientated.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2023, 07:30 by EB2019 »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 05 March 2023, 16:29 »
You say PS5 are nothing special, although I haven;t tried the 5, surely they have to be up there as a benchmark tyre on which to base performance of your diff on the road?

Yes probably, but to clarify the 'nothing special' comment, the PS5 offer high grip and comfort, but I feel they lack a sense of what the car is doing. PS5's have very large gaps in the outer tread blocks compared to GYF1 ASM 5 for example, which may be one of the causes especially when cornering harder.  I picked them for grip and comfort for the 1st replacement set (car still had original tyres on when I bought it) so not complaining, but they aren't the last word in feedback. The lighter wheels and discs I now have do make it more sprightly, but the next set of tyres will be more sport orientated.
Asymmetric 6 are a more sporty feeling tyre as are the Bridgestone Sport. Tyrereviews tests over the last couple of years have said the Michelin isn't the most sporty tyre and yet every man and his dog continues to rave about then 🤷
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 06 March 2023, 15:32 »
Asymmetric 6 are a more sporty feeling tyre as are the Bridgestone Sport. Tyrereviews tests over the last couple of years have said the Michelin isn't the most sporty tyre and yet every man and his dog continues to rave about then 🤷

I rave about the Michelins as they are a brilliant tyre (PS4S, not tried any others) as evidenced by all the great reviews. I'm not saying though that it's not possible there are better tyres but I don't have the luxury of trying lots of different ones so I can make an informed choice. On my second set now and would happily go for another set. Nearly went for the Goodyears this time but I got the PS4Ss cheaper and I didn't want the gamble...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 06 March 2023, 19:54 »

I rave about the Michelins as they are a brilliant tyre (PS4S, not tried any others) as evidenced by all the great reviews. I'm not saying though that it's not possible there are better tyres but I don't have the luxury of trying lots of different ones so I can make an informed choice. On my second set now and would happily go for another set. Nearly went for the Goodyears this time but I got the PS4Ss cheaper and I didn't want the gamble...
they are a good tyre but when you look at all the reviews now they all seem to say the same thing. Less sporty feedback than others. I had PS4s and thought they were too soft on the sidewalls. Good job we have plenty of choice 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 30 May 2023, 20:21 »
Returning to this thread/issue after the temps have picked up a bit, but still certain the car isn't how my old PP was. I then came across a thread about obdeleven and VAQ increased traction settings (Lock Electronics 32>Adaption>Acoustic Measure, Wiring Logic>increased traction).  I guess my car might be in the standard setting, and my old PP was in the increased traction setting?

Anyone got experience with this? with either OBDeleven of Vagcom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xlZ6gghqGY

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/definitive-vaq-and-xds-settings-in-obdeleven-vcds.377816/
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/501808-vrs-245-vaq-increased-traction-mode/

« Last Edit: 06 June 2023, 13:01 by EB2019 »