Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 121528 times)

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #710 on: 16 July 2023, 22:11 »
No longer available online unfortunately! You’ll have to call in at the dealership, they’ll print it out for you.
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #711 on: 16 July 2023, 22:13 »
Thanks. I thought that might be the case. Any excuse for contact and a chance to generate revenue. So much for the digital age making things easier.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #712 on: 16 July 2023, 22:23 »
No longer available online unfortunately! You’ll have to call in at the dealership, they’ll print it out for you.

I misread what car you currently had. For a minute I thought you had an S3 but in the back of my mind I remembered you had a King’s Red MK 8 and I when I re read your profile you do. Apologies.
« Last Edit: 16 July 2023, 23:45 by EngineCover »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #713 on: 17 July 2023, 16:42 »
I am toying with the idea of changing.

Is there anything out there worth changing to?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #714 on: 17 July 2023, 19:18 »
The odd GTI and a few S3s, I think. I had a test drive in a nearly new Clubsport about 3 weeks ago but it was stupidly expensive. I am going to try a S3  this week.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2023, 19:22 by EngineCover »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #715 on: 17 July 2023, 20:54 »
It’s the silver trim on the S3 I have issues with. The very new ones come in Black Edition spec but would probably involve a long build wait, other than that it’s the hideously expensive Vorsprung.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #716 on: 18 July 2023, 14:44 »
I know some owners who have had the chrome window trim and grills wrapped black for a couple of hundred pounds. Not sure I would. Black editions have 19s as standard and the features of a comfort and sound pack too. I think the 19s make them very hard.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #717 on: 20 July 2023, 16:51 »
I know some owners who have had the chrome window trim and grills wrapped black for a couple of hundred pounds. Not sure I would. Black editions have 19s as standard and the features of a comfort and sound pack too. I think the 19s make them very hard.

So you want anS3 so you'll actually get an engine cover?  :grin:

Mine has 19s and they're OK, would be better for ride comfort with a different tyre brand - I got bridgestones.

I like the Aluminium trim on mine, but then again my S3 is black, so it provides a bit of contrast- black edition with black paint might look a bit "drug dealer"/"pimp".

There were about 45 pre built S3s on Audis new car search yesterday, most have comfort and sound, 19" Trapezoid alloys, red calipers and some also have HBA. Lots of colours to choose from, currently £2500 deposit contribution and not too hard to negotiate another £1800 off the dealers margin.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #718 on: 21 July 2023, 15:35 »
Today, I sold my Mk 8 after 13 months of ownership. Time for a change.  :whistle:

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #719 on: 21 July 2023, 15:52 »
Today, I sold my Mk 8 after 13 months of ownership. Time for a change.  :whistle:

Can I have your volkswagen engine cover if it ever comes?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/