Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 127855 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #690 on: 24 May 2023, 12:46 »
Exonian, the centre caps will always be aligned! 🤦‍♂️

Almost perfect! You could do with finding dynamic tyre valves just so the valve always stays in alignment with the centre cap too…    :whistle:

All your mods are genuine enhancements, when you list them like that it certainly looks like you’ve done loads and spent quite a bit on that car so yes, you’d better really resist any temptations now - the carbon engine cover had better be the crowning glory! 😁
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #691 on: 24 May 2023, 20:34 »
Shouldn't the tyre brand be directly at the top? Just er, asking for, er... exo

Joking, love dynamic centres  :cool:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #692 on: 24 May 2023, 21:03 »
The guy who used to fit my tyres actually did that. I blame him for my OCD.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #693 on: 24 May 2023, 21:27 »
Amazing attention to detail though  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #694 on: 26 May 2023, 23:11 »
Following fitting the Mk 8R paddles, my VW dealer contacted me to tell me my dash airbag warning light  was on. Very helpful but I had noticed. Using his VCDS willni kindly turned it off for me. Despite disconnecting the battery during fitting, it came on permanently. Now, being a veteran of fitting the paddles,  - been there, done that, might get a T-shirt, I am available for consultations - for a small donation to the forum charity.  :grin:
« Last Edit: 26 May 2023, 23:22 by EngineCover »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #695 on: 30 May 2023, 11:17 »
Well today has been a busy day for me. I had intended to refit the airbag and centre caps tomorrow but decided to finish them tonight. I fitted the Mk 8 Golf R paddles which is a fiddly job and took quite a while. There are few good guides on how to do this. The best I could find is Deutsche Auto Parts video on YouTube about Which Mk8 parts fit a Mk 7 and Volanty net Mk 8 steering wheel and airbag removal. Unlike the Mk 7 the Mk8 has three clips to release the airbag. This cost me a couple of hours to figure out. Here’s a picture of the Mk 8 R paddles fitted.

I also fitted the official VW GTI dynamic centres which I think suit the Adelaides. Exonian, the centre caps will always be aligned! 🤦‍♂️

I have made quite a few changes now. In addition to the Mk 8 R paddles and GTI wheel centres, I have added a RacingLine bonnet strut, Skoda washer cap, changed the footrest, added sill inserts, sill stickers, air bag delete sticker, and mats with the broad red border.I have fitted Osram Dynamic mirror indicators and black mirror caps, a Mk 7.5 spare and tool kit and a warning triangle. I have a set of 18” Borbet Y wheels and all season tyres too. Willni ceramic coated the car for me in February this year and I ceramic coated the Adelaides a couple of weeks ago. I have a carbon fibre engine cover ordered and that’s probably it. I need to resist changing now.  :grin:

Looks good that😎

Love the caps does the bonnet strut rest on your coolant hose or have you had the twist it round?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #696 on: 30 May 2023, 12:14 »
I decompressed the clip and turned the hose. Seems good.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2023, 12:24 by EngineCover »

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #697 on: 31 May 2023, 16:05 »
Well today has been a busy day for me. I had intended to refit the airbag and centre caps tomorrow but decided to finish them tonight. I fitted the Mk 8 Golf R paddles which is a fiddly job and took quite a while. There are few good guides on how to do this. The best I could find is Deutsche Auto Parts video on YouTube about Which Mk8 parts fit a Mk 7 and Volanty net Mk 8 steering wheel and airbag removal. Unlike the Mk 7 the Mk8 has three clips to release the airbag. This cost me a couple of hours to figure out. Here’s a picture of the Mk 8 R paddles fitted.

I also fitted the official VW GTI dynamic centres which I think suit the Adelaides. Exonian, the centre caps will always be aligned! 🤦‍♂️

I have made quite a few changes now. In addition to the Mk 8 R paddles and GTI wheel centres, I have added a RacingLine bonnet strut, Skoda washer cap, changed the footrest, added sill inserts, sill stickers, air bag delete sticker, and mats with the broad red border.I have fitted Osram Dynamic mirror indicators and black mirror caps, a Mk 7.5 spare and tool kit and a warning triangle. I have a set of 18” Borbet Y wheels and all season tyres too. Willni ceramic coated the car for me in February this year and I ceramic coated the Adelaides a couple of weeks ago. I have a carbon fibre engine cover ordered and that’s probably it. I need to resist changing now.  :grin:

Looks good that😎

Love the caps does the bonnet strut rest on your coolant hose or have you had the twist it round?

Didn't even realise the mirror indicators were not dynamic! Be grateful for links to the Osram indicators and the GTI  VW GTI dynamic centres would be great
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #698 on: 31 May 2023, 16:24 »
Here’s the link for the centre caps. Brace yourself, or your wallet.  :embarrassed:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Volkswagen-000071213E-Dynamic-Wheel-Pieces/dp/B09SFKB229/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1OMU0B507DL8F&keywords=VW+Gti+dynamic+wheel+centres&qid=1685546816&sprefix=vw+gti+dynamic+wheel+centres%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-1
These are despatched from Germany and take about a week to arrive.

If you go for the wheel centres, pm me and I’ll share a tip re changing them.

Here’s a link to the black edition (tinted) dynamic mirror indicators. These are a good price. I have seen them for £100 more.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115487926393.

If you want a set of Ali Express dynamic indicators instead, tinted and unused, they look reasonable, I’ll give you them. Let me know.

« Last Edit: 31 May 2023, 16:59 by EngineCover »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #699 on: 01 June 2023, 09:27 »
Slightly off-topic as I have a recently acquired S3. 1 month old, first long trip and a deer decided to try and thumb a lift, near Wakefield, on the M1 on Saturday morning.

« Last Edit: 01 June 2023, 09:29 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.