Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 121509 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #590 on: 22 January 2023, 09:06 »
Yeah I've had these since before Christmas but it's always been raining or something so I hadn't fitted them...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #591 on: 22 January 2023, 09:35 »
The VW ones seem to judder within a week of replacement which is crazy. Id be interested to see if the Bosch ones do the same

I’ve had the Bosch wipers fitted since august last year, and they’re as good now as they were when fitted, still have a perfect wipe and no judder or noise.
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #592 on: 22 January 2023, 13:34 »
In the last 24 hours I’ve experienced two rare joys of motoring.

Today I washed four or five weeks worth of salt, mud and general filth off the car. Hard going but very satisfying.

The inside will have to wait as I was freezing cold, soaking wet, needed a wee and was hungry by the time I finished the exterior. I did give the filthy mats a quick brush off though.

The other moment was getting to the recycling centre with a car full of sawn up wood literally a minute before the man in hi-viz closed the gate after a nail biting 12 mile drive stuck behind a line of dawdlers.
You’d literally not believe the relief and elation. It’s right up there with Aguero’s 2012 last minute winner.
And yes, I did apologise profusely to the nice man as I unloaded the car at record speed.

Sometimes it’s the simple things in life  :whistle:

In other news, I finally fitted my aerotwins after cleaning the car. Not easy with soapy freezing cold fingers but they’re on and I’m looking forward to being squawk free. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder fredgroves! :afro:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #593 on: 22 January 2023, 14:28 »
The virtues of aerotwins. Congratulations on post 8181 given your OCD!  :smiley:
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #594 on: 24 January 2023, 13:46 »
I’d not noticed that! I should have stalled at that figure but I’ll now have to press on towards 8888 which is nice and symmetrical. At that point I’ll have to quit posting or it’ll be like having a volume knob turned at a slight angle…
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #595 on: 25 January 2023, 15:16 »
Finally applied  the EZ mods Mk8 logo GTI vinyl sill protectors, after having some remedial paintwork carried out under warranty and before I have the car ceramic coated, soon. Eugene at EZ mods made them almost immediately, with the correct logo, when I emailed him.I had similar ones from EZ mods on my Mk7.5 and they were very durable. I am pleased with them. Took about 40 minutes to do all four. They were about £45.

« Last Edit: 25 January 2023, 15:37 by Ceefeesh »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #596 on: 25 January 2023, 17:39 »
Looking good Ceefeesh. I do like those vinyl sills, and they trap water less than the raised type.  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #597 on: 25 January 2023, 18:08 »
Thanks Exonian. I had them on my last car and they are durable. Initially I had bought a set of aluminium Lockwood Mk 8 GTI logo sill plates which I still have. They’re still wrapped and in the tube. If anyone’s interested £30 plus postage. PM me if interested.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #598 on: 26 January 2023, 17:00 »
Finally fitted some bosch aerotwins.

Reminded me that I should have done it when I first got the car. Much better!

Thanks Fred, I brought some yesterday. 100% better than the VW ones.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #599 on: 27 January 2023, 07:54 »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC