Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 124698 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #580 on: 21 December 2022, 10:28 »
You are correct that the brake fluid is not included. I think he quoted £89 for it and said the service is the small one. I must ask about the engine cover before I take it in. Some hope, no hope or Bob Hope!

If you get a service plan with Agnews you get a free brake fluid change FYI.

https://www.agnewcars.com/volkswagen/offers/free-brake-fluid-change-with-every-service-plan/

Unfortunately, no Agnew’s VW dealers anywhere near where I live to take advantage of this - it’d cost me more than the price of a brake fluid change to get to an Agnew’s dealership :grin:.

When I bought my mk6 GTD back in 2011 VW offered a three year service plan, and that did include a brake fluid change. However, the brake fluid change was removed from the plan a few years later, and VW then moved to two year service plans that consisted of just the basic minor and major service. It does include your car being treated to a complementary wash and vacuum which I always decline; my car deserves better than to be given VW’s free scratch and swirl treatment  :grin:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Tony Jazz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #581 on: 21 December 2022, 17:00 »
Those wheels look great Davo and agree that they should have been a "free" option at point of sale.
Regarding the Break Fluid change conversation; my Nov 2020 Mk8 GTI has now covered 15,000m. I use an independent dealer who is linked to the VW Erwin service system. Genuine VW parts/oil etc. I enquired about the Brake fluid change at the 2 year service in November. This garage checks the brake fluid content for breakdown, moisture etc. The owner informed me that all was fine and will change at next service.
I did purchase a service plan but cashed in after a couple of visits to the VW dealer for warranty/recalls. Am I paying for all those members of staff sitting about drinking coffee? Not any more.

Mk 8 GTI DSG.
Moonstone Grey.
Purchased new in Nov 2020 by me.
Accessories:
Racing Line RL360 Gunmetal Grey 19"Alloys. Tyres are new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6. Both fitted 20/10/23.
Racing Line R600 Air filter system/hoses.
Racing Line High Performance Ignition Packs {Red}.

Online willni

• I live here
« Reply #582 on: 21 December 2022, 19:39 »
If you get a service plan with Agnews you get a free brake fluid change FYI.

https://www.agnewcars.com/volkswagen/offers/free-brake-fluid-change-with-every-service-plan/

Unfortunately, no Agnew’s VW dealers anywhere near where I live to take advantage of this - it’d cost me more than the price of a brake fluid change to get to an Agnew’s dealership :grin:.

When I bought my mk6 GTD back in 2011 VW offered a three year service plan, and that did include a brake fluid change. However, the brake fluid change was removed from the plan a few years later, and VW then moved to two year service plans that consisted of just the basic minor and major service. It does include your car being treated to a complementary wash and vacuum which I always decline; my car deserves better than to be given VW’s free scratch and swirl treatment  :grin:.
[/quote]

They're apart of Sytner so probably try them  :smiley:

I'm sure you'd be very shocked to know I don't let them wash mine either and even put up a little sign to not wash it  :grin: I have seen brand new 911 turbo's and RS5's at my local scratch and shine so never know maybe we're a little odd  :whistle:

Also the Brescias look fantastic on the CS Santos!
« Last Edit: 21 December 2022, 19:41 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #583 on: 14 January 2023, 15:12 »
Made my own inserts. Just need fitting now.

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #584 on: 17 January 2023, 17:08 »
Changed the mats in my car today for a set with a more prominent red border. Genuine VW from Deutsche Parts UK.

Here they are compared to the original, also Genuine VW whitch do have some red stitching.

« Last Edit: 17 January 2023, 18:46 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #585 on: 17 January 2023, 18:24 »
A kit of armour and for only 400lbs! Not mine but somebody is creative with their ideas for a GTI.  A few years ago, here in Northern Ireland, there might have been a market. I wonder what the wait is for ordering one of these? 😂 Could it have more creaks or rattles? Not quite the type of bullet proof VWs we normally expect! HMS Weasel now has an armoured sister ship! Boom Boom.(Basil Brush) Enough for now. Could he use more punctuation? (Chandler Bing) :shocked:

https://www.motor1.com/news/631424/armored-vw-golf-8-gti/

« Last Edit: 17 January 2023, 18:51 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #586 on: 17 January 2023, 18:48 »
HMS Weasel now has an armoured sister ship!

HMS Weasel already has 2" of deck armour and a 8" armoured anti torpedo belt  :laugh: :laugh:

Doesn't slow her down at all, still capable of 30 knots!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #587 on: 21 January 2023, 16:40 »
Took all four wheels off cleaned and put Clubsport wheel caps on

Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #588 on: 21 January 2023, 23:22 »
Finally fitted some bosch aerotwins.

Reminded me that I should have done it when I first got the car. Much better!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #589 on: 22 January 2023, 08:46 »
Took all four wheels off cleaned and put Clubsport wheel caps on

They match the wheel design really well and look like they should have been standard fit  :cool:

Finally fitted some bosch aerotwins.

Reminded me that I should have done it when I first got the car. Much better!
I bought some in November/December time and still haven’t fitted them!
Initially delayed because of the really cold snap before Xmas and I didn’t want to wreck new blades on an icy screen, then, err, I just forgot…  :rolleyes:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner