Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 121514 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #570 on: 20 December 2022, 12:08 »
Yeah I read some time ago that there is a new modified cover available. Unfortunately its as plain and ugly as the first effort. I think they just modified it so that it fits more snuggly.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #571 on: 20 December 2022, 19:16 »
Arranged to have my car serviced in February today. It will be 2 years old. The dealer is looking to change the brake fluid too. Is that part of the normal schedule?
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #572 on: 20 December 2022, 19:31 »
Mine had the brake fluid changed at the two year service.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #573 on: 20 December 2022, 19:50 »
Thanks Exonian. Second service and a brake fluid change soon; current mileage circa 6800 miles. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 20 December 2022, 20:52 by Ceefeesh »

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #574 on: 20 December 2022, 21:19 »
Well that's odd.. pretty sure first brake fluid change should be at three years then every two years.

And I'm sure I paid for it even though I have a service plan, makes me worried about the plugs change at my next fourth year service and if they'll say it's included in SP.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #575 on: 20 December 2022, 22:43 »
Well that's odd.. pretty sure first brake fluid change should be at three years then every two years.

And I'm sure I paid for it even though I have a service plan, makes me worried about the plugs change at my next fourth year service and if they'll say it's included in SP.

I remember reading recently on another VW (or possibly Seat) forum - sorry, can’t remember which forum it was - that the first scheduled brake fluid change is now at two years rather than three years. However, my car had its second year service in September and the dealer didn’t mention the first brake fluid change was due, so I’ll be getting it done at the next service next year.

Brake fluid change isn’t part of the service plan - it’s charged for separately which is why you’ll have paid for it.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #576 on: 20 December 2022, 22:57 »
You are correct that the brake fluid is not included. I think he quoted £89 for it and said the service is the small one. I must ask about the engine cover before I take it in. Some hope, no hope or Bob Hope!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #577 on: 21 December 2022, 05:30 »
It did surprise me that the brake fluid is now at two years. Mine was £79.
And definitely not on the service plan. It ought to be really if it’s part of the service regime but I guess they shave off as much as they can on the headline figure of the plan to tempt punters in when buying a new car, then recoup via add-ons that only the painfully anal customers would actually query at point of sale when purchasing the car and plan. I was also told the air-con service was due but thought that was unnecessarily expensive for a can of deodorant and a once over.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #578 on: 21 December 2022, 09:03 »
Wheel change !

From…

To…

Soooo much better

Best wheel choice!  imo wheels it should of come with from factory!

I have a mint set off my 7.5 performance that I was going to sell but can't decide if I will fit them to my mk8 or not yet instead of the Adelaides that pic has made me think I should keep them tbh :grin:

Looks superb does that.
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #579 on: 21 December 2022, 09:09 »
You are correct that the brake fluid is not included. I think he quoted £89 for it and said the service is the small one. I must ask about the engine cover before I take it in. Some hope, no hope or Bob Hope!

If you get a service plan with Agnews you get a free brake fluid change FYI.

https://www.agnewcars.com/volkswagen/offers/free-brake-fluid-change-with-every-service-plan/
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/