alright guys, so Rain came over (Cheers d00d, muchos appreciatous

)
Did a few things ( I think he will post a bit about it too as two povs is always better !)
Checked spark plugs - one had some carbon in it , another the lead came off , so maybe possible loose connection ... also checked dizzie .. that seemed ok ... not sure if we checked the connecter that you talk of dubslug - maybe !
Erm, did notice the fuel pump just keeps pumping .... no idea why ...
So a few questions that maybe someone knows and saves me a bit of time - which relay stops the fuel pump pumping ...does somene know or will I have to go and check each one (good idea though Blue

).
And surely if the ecu was fried there would be no sparks @ the plugs

Back to the drawing board or have I actually broken a gti under unknown circumstances?

The alternator seemed to spin a bit too
Oh and woul my heater matrix breaking , causing fluid and steam to pop up everywhere cause any electrical disturbance? Funny how two days after cutting off my heater matrix everything else doesn't work

Gonna try a bit of cranking by hand later this week ( no time due to work - but dont wanna give up just yet )

Oh and I definately need a new battery - Will any do, or does it not really matter ?
Cheers
Jim