Author Topic: Opinions on options. Help me decide  (Read 7059 times)

Offline steve17

• Just got here
Opinions on options. Help me decide
« on: 11 August 2013, 11:44 »
Just about set on ordering a new GTi and have decided on the following.

5 door
Carbon Grey
Winter Pack
Keyless

Now the last thing to decide is do I go for Performance Pack & Standard Nav or just Nav Pro. There is only £10 difference. The car will be my wife's but I will use it a little at weekends. Will keep the car for 4 years by the way.

Opinions welcome....

Golf Mk7 GTD in CSG, keyless, winter pack, discover nav

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: Opinions on options. Help me decide
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2013, 11:47 »

5 door
Carbon Grey
Winter Pack
Keyless

Now the last thing to decide is do I go for Performance Pack & Standard Nav or just Nav Pro. There is only £10 difference. The car will be my wife's but I will use it a little at weekends. Will keep the car for 4 years by the way.

Opinions welcome....

Personally I would take the PP+Nav over the Nav Pro (Large Screen head units are just massive amounts of margin for VW). But it's a personal thing, not sure asking what others would buy is gonna help you choose.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2013, 12:01 »
Why miss out on the PP for basically a bigger screen? Especially if you're going to drive it. No brainer!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

physio

« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2013, 12:05 »

5 door
Carbon Grey
Winter Pack
Keyless

Go for PP and standard nav you get 3 yrs free updates on sat nav  so it's a win win situation more power and latest maps   :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Opinions welcome....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2013, 12:06 »
If it's a case of you have a budget and want to get best value out of it, then common sense for me would say go for PP and standard nav.  Having said that, if it were me, I'd probably go nav pro because the PP doesn't interest me at all for the way I drive.  I would, however, appreciate the larger screen, 3D maps, and additional functions of the nav pro.

As already said, not sure asking anybody will help.  You need to decide what's important for you (or your wife) and go from there.  Will she really want/need the PP, or is that you wanting it?  Being sensible, why not just take standard nav and save some cash?

Getting a bit dull hearing the PP is a no brainer when it can only muster 1 second per mile around the Nurburgring! :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline steve17

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2013, 12:14 »
Thanks for quick replies....

When I started deciding on the spec like many I just ticked PP going down the no brainer route. Then the more I think about it 99.9% of the time I will never notice the difference. Not sure if the wife will.... However every time I sit in the car it may feel a bit more special with the Pro Nav.

Like you say a personal choice but just curious on other views..
Golf Mk7 GTD in CSG, keyless, winter pack, discover nav

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2013, 12:16 »
Standard nav and PP would be the route I would go down. The standard nav is more than adequate and the PP means you will have the real GTI (waiting for responses  :grin: :grin:  :rolleyes:)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2013, 12:30 »
@Steve17

Seriously - ask your wife.

Does she need more power than the standard set up (with the PP)?
Does she get lost a lot? (Maybe the cheaper sat nav would suffice)

Tut-tut CraigW you little s*it stirrer :)
« Last Edit: 11 August 2013, 12:34 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2013, 12:36 »
I keep reading people saying the PP adds nothing and that they'll never notice it 99% of the time. No one has actually driven a PP car yet!  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2013, 12:37 »
@Steve17

Seriously - ask your wife.

Does she need more power than the standard set up (with the PP)?
Does she get lost a lot? (Maybe the cheaper sat nav would suffice)

Tut-tut CraigW you little s*it stirrer :)

Moi??  :grin: :grin: