Author Topic: Opinions on options. Help me decide  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Opinions on options. Help me decide
« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2013, 12:42 »
I keep reading people saying the PP adds nothing and that they'll never notice it 99% of the time. No one has actually driven a PP car yet!  ::)

Craig has! Perhaps we should have a mini meet at his?? :-X >:D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2013, 13:00 »
I keep reading people saying the PP adds nothing and that they'll never notice it 99% of the time. No one has actually driven a PP car yet!  ::)

Good point! I think we should all go up there for a drive!!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2013, 13:09 »

MMmmm let me think about that one  :grin: I'm trying to keep my mileage down so I can flog it to one of you guys for double the price if there's any more delays  :grin: :grin:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2013, 13:09 »
Nav is a must for me.  I'd drop the PP.

Since I ordered I now think its too expensive.  I'm thinking if dropping PP, DCC, leather, sunroof and saving £3.5k.  My advice would be cut your options back as much as possible.  You don't need PP.

Recent events have seriously changed my views. :undecided:

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 11 August 2013, 13:10 »

MMmmm let me think about that one  :grin: I'm trying to keep my mileage down so I can flog it to one of you guys for double the price if there's any more delays  :grin: :grin:

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2013, 13:51 »
Haha.

Who has Craig's address? Wait till I get back to blighty yeah?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2013, 14:40 »

Since I ordered I now think its too expensive.  I'm thinking if dropping PP, DCC, leather, sunroof and saving £3.5k.  My advice would be cut your options back as much as possible.  You don't need PP.

As said before, the options are pretty much dead money at resale time - your £3500 spent will probably retain about £1000 at most. Is £2500 you'll never see again well spent on those options? All down to personal choice, none of the above are must-haves. What else would you rather be spending that £2500 on, if anything?

PP - you get the visual improvements (brakes) and marginal performance gains you'll only appreciate on a track.

DCC - driven standard ride on a test drive and found it more than adequate?

Leather - boiling hot in the summer, big battery drain in the winter if you like heated seats - the plain leather also takes something away that is integral to the GTI identity inside the car - tartan seats. If looked after with a decent protector, your cloth seats will still look like new after 3 years.

Sunroof - Do you think the inside of the GTI looks claustrophobic or do you think the black headlining looks great? Want a bit of a breeze on your head, then point the vents upwards.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2013, 15:19 »

I echo this really.  Standard Nav is just fine if all you need is built-in nav, and I don't care what anybody says about having not driven a car with PP...it's not something people need unless they drive on a track, or like they are on a track.  Who cares about gaining 1s per mile around a track though?!  Even from a safety argument, I don't cane it out of corners, and so far have managed to stay on the road without a diff all these years.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2013, 15:40 »

I echo this really.  Standard Nav is just fine if all you need is built-in nav, and I don't care what anybody says about having not driven a car with PP...it's not something people need unless they drive on a track, or like they are on a track.  Who cares about gaining 1s per mile around a track though?!  Even from a safety argument, I don't cane it out of corners, and so far have managed to stay on the road without a diff all these years.

Same old arguments. Rather than driving a GTI you could be driving a hybrid and saving the planet. We all have different opinions. For me the GTI is a hot hatch and the PP makes it hotter  :evil: :evil:

Offline Marcus007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2013, 15:50 »

Same old arguments. Rather than driving a GTI you could be driving a hybrid and saving the planet. We all have different opinions. For me the GTI is a hot hatch and the PP makes it hotter  :evil: :evil:

I tend to agree if you are going to get this type of car then surely you should be looking at this upgrade. Imo not getting the PP upgrade may prejudice the residuals and will certainly make it harder to sell on, I suspect that the vast majority of the PP cost would be recouped at resale time anyway. Surely a no brainer :shocked: