Author Topic: GTI logo on Nav screen  (Read 8218 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: GTI logo on Nav screen
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2013, 23:17 »
I wonder if like the RNS when you unlock the door using the fob the system starts to boot up.
So if you unlock it remotely, then it takes you a good few seconds to walk to the car, open the door, throw your play piece in the back, put your seat belt on and then start the car, the system has internally booted up so the flash screen doesn't display.

Your time to actually get in and start the car Craig might be less due to the keyless entry as you are already at the car so giving it less time to boot up?

Just a thought.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 07 August 2013, 23:26 »
I wonder if like the RNS when you unlock the door using the fob the system starts to boot up.
So if you unlock it remotely, then it takes you a good few seconds to walk to the car, open the door, throw your play piece in the back, put your seat belt on and then start the car, the system has internally booted up so the flash screen doesn't display.

Your time to actually get in and start the car Craig might be less due to the keyless entry as you are already at the car so giving it less time to boot up?

Just a thought.

Definitely a plausible theory  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 08 August 2013, 11:12 »

Just a thought.

Definitely a plausible theory  :smiley: :smiley:

Does make sense. Yesterday when I left it for a couple of minutes in the street I left it unlocked. When I got back in and started it up the logo came up. This would suggest that unlocking it with the remote does indeed put it into standby, hence the logo doesn't come up. Interesting.