Author Topic: GTI logo on Nav screen  (Read 8219 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI logo on Nav screen
« Reply #20 on: 06 August 2013, 12:53 »
If you've been waiting as long as we have, a reminder might be necessary to let us know the car has arrived and we are not dreaming...............

Haha, I'm sure that after walking up to the car, opening it, and sitting in front of a VW-badged steering wheel complete with GTI logo, that's all the reality I'll need!  I ordered early April, will collect first half of September, so yeah, I think that qualifies as long! ;)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 August 2013, 13:39 »
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the VW/GTI logo just never comes up on my screen when I switch on the ignition or turn on the screen if it's been off.

Can one of you other owners let me know under what circumstances yours comes up please? I just want to make sure it's not faulty before I call VW.

Thanks

Ill try it out tonight Joe and let you know  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 06 August 2013, 13:44 »
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the VW/GTI logo just never comes up on my screen when I switch on the ignition or turn on the screen if it's been off.

Can one of you other owners let me know under what circumstances yours comes up please? I just want to make sure it's not faulty before I call VW.

Thanks

Ill try it out tonight Joe and let you know  :smiley: :smiley:

Great. Much appreciated.  :smiley:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 August 2013, 19:40 »
Right Joe just checked it out.

On ignition the GTI logo is appearing on the nav screen however it only seems to appear when the car has not been started for some time. The logo appeared when I left work this evening, the car having not moved for the entire day. When I got back home I turned the screen off and then back on but no logo (this was with the engine still running).

I then switched the engine off and locked the car. 2 mins later I jumped back in the car and started her up but still no logo.

I locked the car again and went back down an hour later. Turned the ignition on and hey presto the logo appeared, albeit for just a coupe of seconds before showing the radio stations.

Hope this helps :smiley:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 06 August 2013, 20:25 »
If its anything like the rns then it remains on for half an hour to aid fast boot up.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 06 August 2013, 22:44 »
Right Joe just checked it out.

On ignition the GTI logo is appearing on the nav screen however it only seems to appear when the car has not been started for some time. The logo appeared when I left work this evening, the car having not moved for the entire day. When I got back home I turned the screen off and then back on but no logo (this was with the engine still running).

I then switched the engine off and locked the car. 2 mins later I jumped back in the car and started her up but still no logo.

I locked the car again and went back down an hour later. Turned the ignition on and hey presto the logo appeared, albeit for just a coupe of seconds before showing the radio stations.

Hope this helps :smiley:

Thanks for doing that.

I think there must be something wrong with mine. I don't get anything even after it's been parked for the whole day. Might call VW about it.

Thanks again.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 06 August 2013, 23:20 »
could it be different with keyless/non-keyless? (dont know your specs)
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #27 on: 07 August 2013, 00:55 »
Or different software in IRL?  Dunno why they'd do that though.

Perhaps you need your firmware flashed?

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 07 August 2013, 10:29 »
Or different software in IRL?  Dunno why they'd do that though.

Perhaps you need your firmware flashed?

Something weird happenned this morning. Started it up to take it out of garage after being parked all night. Radio comes on. No logo.

Left it in the street for a couple of minutes having taken the key out of the ignition while I locked the garage. (Don't have keyless)

Got back in, turned ignition on and hey presto, logo comes up.

Confused? I certainly am.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 August 2013, 20:02 »
Joe

A small update on this. When I got into the car this morning the logo didn't appear on ignition. I suspect now that its only appearing if the system needs a few seconds to boot up. For example, I have sat nav on mine and had left it on the navigation when I switched off last night. As it takes a few seconds to acquire the link up to the satellite it shows the logo first and then on to the nav. It may be the same with picking up radio stations as well as other media such as reading your SD cards.

I don't believe there is any issue with it to be honest  :smiley: :smiley: