GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
3
Author
Topic: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters. (Read 4277 times)
philmar
Not said much yet
Posts: 29
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #10 on:
04 June 2012, 15:33 »
The easiest way,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jom-Bonnet-Lifters-VW-Golf-Mk-3-Vento-/280631064417?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4156ea3761&clk_rvr_id=349710712989&afsrc=1
Logged
Screech16v
I live here
Posts: 2,432
MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #11 on:
04 June 2012, 15:47 »
Nah to bling ,they go juddery after a while and dont look oem ,plus got mine for £3
Logged
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #12 on:
04 June 2012, 18:47 »
ok got the lifters and the nuts from wipers fit perfect cheers.
will fit tomorrow and post up some pics.
Logged
gti gaz
I live here
Posts: 592
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #13 on:
04 June 2012, 20:39 »
good cheap mod would advise it to anyone
Logged
Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!
67buggers
I live here
Posts: 727
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #14 on:
04 June 2012, 21:51 »
I lived it when I did this
Logged
I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote
Shady Pioneer
Serious forum addict
Posts: 8,669
graphic designer.
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #15 on:
04 June 2012, 22:44 »
Why has this become such a big issue? I made the bloody guide!
Logged
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #16 on:
05 June 2012, 07:22 »
yeah i have the guide saved on my phone now although its pretty simple and cant wait to do it later..
i have to admit yesterday when i went to do it i thought i had to put the one on the bonnet in one of the closer wing bolt holes and i fitted one end to the bonnet and i was trying to compress it to get it in the hole. lets just say it didnt work
:embarassed:
Logged
16valver dan
Here all the time
Posts: 312
1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #17 on:
05 June 2012, 10:18 »
yeah mine done that fit it into wing line it up with hole on bonnet and lift bonnet off the stand as it goes a little higher with struts mate
Logged
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #18 on:
05 June 2012, 11:33 »
bonnet lifters now fitted and work great. well impressed with them. and only took about 10 mins to do.
Logged
Wayne
Sir Postalot
Posts: 32,051
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #19 on:
05 June 2012, 12:33 »
I still think they could lead to problems over the time, way too strong against aftermarket lifters.
Logged
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
3
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.