Author Topic: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.  (Read 4285 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #20 on: 05 June 2012, 20:40 »
It's funny you should say that Wayne as i happened to pop my bonnet this morning to have a quick ganders at all the a/c gubbins I'm about to rip out and noticed that the top lip of my o/s wing looked slightly rippled and I can't ever remember it been like that before i fitted my boot struts on this one...  :undecided:

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #21 on: 05 June 2012, 20:42 »
I've had mine on for about 2 and a half years and they're still going strong. Probably the best cheap mod I've done. It makes working on the engine easy.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #22 on: 05 June 2012, 21:28 »
I've had mine on for about 2 and a half years and they're still going strong. Probably the best cheap mod I've done. It makes working on the engine easy.

Probs best to lower your car before hand tho yeah? looks like they could get in the way to take the nuts of for top mounts?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #23 on: 05 June 2012, 21:30 »
I've had mine on for about 2 and a half years and they're still going strong. Probably the best cheap mod I've done. It makes working on the engine easy.

Probs best to lower your car before hand tho yeah? looks like they could get in the way to take the nuts of for top mounts?

Not in the way at all.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #24 on: 05 June 2012, 21:32 »
I've had mine on for about 2 and a half years and they're still going strong. Probably the best cheap mod I've done. It makes working on the engine easy.

Probs best to lower your car before hand tho yeah? looks like they could get in the way to take the nuts of for top mounts?

HUH  :undecided:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #25 on: 05 June 2012, 22:09 »
It's funny you should say that Wayne as i happened to pop my bonnet this morning to have a quick ganders at all the a/c gubbins I'm about to rip out and noticed that the top lip of my o/s wing looked slightly rippled and I can't ever remember it been like that before i fitted my boot struts on this one...  :undecided:


Yep, have seen a few people suffer the same problem, they place too much pressure on the bonnet and wing which over leads to the issue you have now.

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #26 on: 05 June 2012, 22:54 »
Mines been fine but as I drilled a hole, it goes through the wing and the chassis/rail so doesn't push against the wing. ;)


Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.