Author Topic: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.  (Read 4284 times)


Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2012, 15:47 »
Nah to bling ,they go juddery after a while and dont look oem ,plus got mine for £3  :tongue:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2012, 18:47 »
ok got the lifters and the nuts from wipers fit perfect cheers.
will fit tomorrow and post up some pics.

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2012, 20:39 »
good cheap mod would advise it to anyone  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2012, 21:51 »
I lived it when I did this


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2012, 22:44 »
Why has this become such a big issue? I made the bloody guide!  :grin:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #16 on: 05 June 2012, 07:22 »
yeah i have the guide saved on my phone now although its pretty simple and cant wait to do it later..
i have to admit yesterday when i went to do it i thought i had to put the one on the bonnet in one of the closer wing bolt holes and i fitted one end to the bonnet and i was trying to compress it to get it in the hole. lets just say it didnt work  :grin: :embarassed:

Offline 16valver dan

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 312
  • 1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #17 on: 05 June 2012, 10:18 »
yeah mine done that fit it into wing line it up with hole on bonnet and lift bonnet off the stand as it goes a little higher with struts mate
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot ;)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #18 on: 05 June 2012, 11:33 »
bonnet lifters now fitted and work great. well impressed with them. and only took about 10 mins to do.


Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« Reply #19 on: 05 June 2012, 12:33 »
I still think they could lead to problems over the time, way too strong against aftermarket lifters.