GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
Author
Topic: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters. (Read 4257 times)
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
on:
04 June 2012, 09:09 »
I remember reading somewhere on here that the boot lifers can be used as bonnet lifters.
How do I fit them on the bonnet and wing? I'm guessing I use one of the wing mount bolt holes but where on the bonnet does it attach?
Logged
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #1 on:
04 June 2012, 09:16 »
Actually iv figured out I put the lifter in the bonnet bracket hole but where on the wing do I put the other end?
Logged
Deano2711
I live here
Posts: 2,874
1992 VR6
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #2 on:
04 June 2012, 09:38 »
You should have a rubber stop on each wing which you remove and bolt the pin into this hole and then push the boot lifter onto pin and job done. There is a guide in the Mark 3 Maintenance section if you need it.
Logged
GTIANNIVERSARY16V
GTI forum regular
Posts: 149
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #3 on:
04 June 2012, 09:47 »
Got similar things fitted on my bonnet.... But over time the weight causes them to become loose.
Logged
kempie
Here all the time
Posts: 280
where would we be without duct tape?
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #4 on:
04 June 2012, 09:49 »
best how to i found
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=112388.msg978104#msg978104
«
Last Edit: 04 June 2012, 09:52 by kempie
»
Logged
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #5 on:
04 June 2012, 10:55 »
Cheers guys yeah I found the how to guide. Just need to find a nut that fits the bits that are going to the wings.
Logged
Screech16v
I live here
Posts: 2,432
MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #6 on:
04 June 2012, 11:48 »
Just an 8mm thread aint it prob 13mm head,use a decent sized washer to spread the weight
Logged
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #7 on:
04 June 2012, 12:03 »
Quote from: Screech16v on 04 June 2012, 11:48
Just an 8mm thread aint it prob 13mm head,use a decent sized washer to spread the weight
yeah that was my plan mate.
Logged
16valver dan
Here all the time
Posts: 312
1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #8 on:
04 June 2012, 12:58 »
rob the 2 bolts holding the white golfs windscreen wipers on perfect fit done it myself last week
Logged
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.
«
Reply #9 on:
04 June 2012, 13:55 »
You mean the 2 nuts?
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Boot lifters as bonnet lifters.