Author Topic: MK3 Center Console In Truck  (Read 6423 times)

Offline PinkFloydEffect

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 8
MK3 Center Console In Truck
« on: 26 May 2012, 01:24 »


I have a 1988 Dakota I'm street-rodding out and recently installed some leather BMW bucket seats, I need a matching leather console that is very slim with a hand brake for drifting. After looking through hundreds of cars at the junkyard I found VWs have the most versatile center consoles with a nice leathery look, I have not seen all the VWs but quite a few. The Passat and Golf3 were the most interesting to me but the Passat might be too large, this MK3 center console looks perfect! It's black with a leather hand brake all in a compact design, two cup holders and I'm not sure what is missing here....an elbow rest? Does anyone have console pictures for me? I live in the US so vehicles and consoles might be different in my junkyards but this looks like the console I want if I only knew what was missing (a mini arm rest?) Will all US standard transmission MK3's have this center console?




I think if it's too large I can always shorten it and cut along that seam line between the shifter and cup holder, I will be using a large universal shift boot and plate over the stock opening. My Dakota has a useless vented square under the ash tray, I can cut it out and fit the back of the cup holder in:


Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2012, 01:48 »
Rare bits as it is... saw one of those centre consoles on ebay not long ago in leather. Went for around hunndred quid. Was off a mk3 highline

Offline PinkFloydEffect

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2012, 03:39 »
Is it? Darn, is a highline a top model or something? Maybe I can just clean this one up, any idea what is missing on the rear of the console? A cover or arm rest?

Edit: I did find this

« Last Edit: 26 May 2012, 03:50 by PinkFloydEffect »

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2012, 08:43 »
looks smart  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline PinkFloydEffect

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2012, 18:54 »
looks smart  :grin:

Sarcasm?


I love how the cup holders can be easily transformed to house a 7" monitor (LED touch screen) since I have such an extensive stereo system in my truck this works perfect I was going to hack up my dash to install a touchscreen anyway!



Offline brett

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 691
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2012, 19:05 »
nice little mod mate  :cool: ,imo

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2012, 20:05 »
the gearknobs and gaitors in those pics are from a mk4 fyi
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2012, 22:19 »
the gearknobs and gaitors in those pics are from a mk4 fyi

Same as what I've got in mine.

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2012, 22:23 »
If there's load of these centre consoles in your junkyards, don't mind shipping a few over?  :wink:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: MK3 Center Console In Truck
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2012, 22:30 »
the gearknobs and gaitors in those pics are from a mk4 fyi

Same as what I've got in mine.

mine to  :cool:
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0