Author Topic: Would I notice a difference?  (Read 10985 times)

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #40 on: 26 April 2012, 16:27 »



« Last Edit: 26 April 2012, 16:30 by Khare »

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #41 on: 26 April 2012, 18:37 »
Odd...no evidence there of this mythical 8v uber torque.
Looks to me like your 16v has at least as much, if not more area under the torque curve.  :wink:

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #42 on: 26 April 2012, 18:54 »
Haven't we been down this road before and doesn't it always end up in the same place.. :rolleyes:

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #43 on: 26 April 2012, 18:56 »
Odd...no evidence there of this mythical 8v uber torque.
Looks to me like your 16v has at least as much, if not more area under the torque curve.  :wink:


Ditto. I'm tired of hearing people talk about this 8v low down torque  :grin:

I think we should contact Mythbusters and ask them to bust this myth once and for all!

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #44 on: 26 April 2012, 19:01 »
Lets face it, the mk3 is fat and slow whatever flavour it comes in, if performance is your motivation then look elsewhere.

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #45 on: 26 April 2012, 19:08 »
Lets face it, the mk3 is fat and slow whatever flavour it comes in, if performance is your motivation then look elsewhere.

Not really. I wouldn't class Glenn's Mk3 fat and slow, neither would I class mine to be honest!

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #46 on: 26 April 2012, 19:09 »
Right ok...ffs.

Offline DaveHDi

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 56
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #47 on: 26 April 2012, 19:16 »
Sorry guys. I'm new to this and be meant to start an argument

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #48 on: 26 April 2012, 19:18 »
mine is very very very far from slow haha...
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #49 on: 26 April 2012, 19:22 »
Sorry guys. I'm new to this and be meant to start an argument
No probs, this argument happens every few months and it's always the same, have a go in all the versions and see which one suits you best.. :smiley:

And F17 i'm talking about stock motors.