Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 149222 times)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Re: Buckfizzturbos MK3 Golf madness 13/08/13
« Reply #530 on: 02 August 2013, 16:48 »
Afternoon

Again decided yesterday to work on the car instead of sleep for the night shift so got a little bit done.

These aren't the most exciting of updates as its all tare down at the moment.

Basically carried on taking panels off. So both doors removed and all the inner door shut parts taken off. Really started to get annoyed by the poor brown paint job tho. Gromits for example that have been painted instead of being popped out n re fitted when done. So having to clean parts as I go.

Also cleaned up some of the interior wiring. Wires that cross over each other and that don't follow other wires really grinds me so a short time spent neatning the air system loom with some cables ties and job done.

Hard to think looking at it that it will be a show car lol.

So next step is to get the silver car finished and moving under its own steam. I need the space it's taking up as want to put the brown car on a rotisserie and basically need somewhere to store all the parts I'm taking off.

My mate who is doing the body makeover for me has got a project of his own he wants done so will be a little while before the shell goes to paint but I plan on getting everything else done. This way I'm hoping once its painted I can just refit all the parts and that the final assembly will be quite quick.

We shall see

Until next time guys :)

Ps schmidts and elevel remote still for sale ;)
« Last Edit: 13 August 2013, 23:35 by Buckfizzturbo »
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Re: Buckfizzturbos MK3 Golf madness 02/08/13
« Reply #531 on: 13 August 2013, 21:30 »
Evening all.

Silver mk3 is thankfully nearly done. Just needs a few little bits sorted and it will be up for sale (on bbs solitudes not the Schmidts) so if interested keep an eye out for a advert or get in touch.

Here's a few updated pics.

Instagram thingy

(DDI gauges not included ;) )

So swapped out the R32 and VR is in and running. Thanks to Ron! De gayed a few bits that where well 90s. Gotta say the recaro trim looks spot on in there. This car has so many cool aftermarket add ons it crazy.

So some finishing up on that n get it moved on which will free up some space so I can really get moving on the brown car build.

Something else that helped today was my good mate Tom bought the ABF so that is out and gone. Time to get that engine bay striped to bare metal. ;)

Until next time guys

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #532 on: 13 August 2013, 22:02 »
Looks really tidy although il admit it's not entirely to my personal taste and certainly not as nice as the brown one in progress. What's the deal with the relocated battery in the boot, how is it secured and surely it should be in an enclosure and vented out of the car for safety reasons and not to mention for it to pass a MOT?

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #533 on: 13 August 2013, 23:25 »
Cheers dude.

There's plenty I'd change about it but I bought it for parts rather than to keep so that dosent bother me. Thought it be better to keep it a car than strip it completely.

Battery has been in the boot since the R32 lump went in. It's secure and not a failure as far as I know. I've had batteries in the boot like this n my cars passed mots all the time. 'The phirm' did the conversion so I'm sure they do things correctly.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #534 on: 14 August 2013, 07:43 »
The silver car is looking good man, good luck on the Sale when it rolls around :) can't wait to see some REAL progress of the Brown One!

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #535 on: 14 August 2013, 11:01 »
Cheers dan

Yeah hasn't been as exciting as going through the air build but this is all bits that have to be done. If the bloody th lines would sell if have a exciting update ;)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #536 on: 14 August 2013, 13:52 »
Battery has been in the boot since the R32 lump went in. It's secure and not a failure as far as I know. I've had batteries in the boot like this n my cars passed mots all the time. 'The phirm' did the conversion so I'm sure they do things correctly.

The main issue is that is a standard battery, it needs to be a sealed battery with a vent or in a battery box again with a vent to the outside to prevent dangerious gases building up.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #537 on: 17 August 2013, 22:10 »

Car above now for sale £2500 check the classifieds ;)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #538 on: 14 September 2013, 08:05 »
Really need to pull my finger out.

Got a rotisserie soon to be built by my mate so that's when I can really get cracking.

Here's how she's sitting at the mo:

My mates currently doing his own project so instead of waiting for him out of hours, once the shell is stripped I'm going to book it in with him at work. This means at least I can get the rebuild started.

Currently trying to decide wether to keep the scuttle or not. Plan was to hide a lot under there but now thinking I want it smoother!! Why can't there be a decent edge to the bay tho instead of a windscreen.

Ive also decided on wheels and was 1 step away from ordering them but think it makes sense to get the shell sorted before I buy wheels.

So I'm hoping the next update will see some progress. Who knows

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Re: Buckfizzturbos MK3 Golf madness 14/09/13
« Reply #539 on: 27 September 2013, 04:22 »
raised it ;)

So it's on the rotisserie. Finally. However it will probably stay on there for a few months until it goes into paint.

So the next few months will be sorting out everything else so when the shell comes back it can put straight back together.