Author Topic: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!  (Read 10729 times)

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #10 on: 05 April 2012, 20:28 »
I got 42 mpg once but I was running on fumes! But when I drive It properly it drops to 27-31ish. And mine pritty quick too! But I did have a 1.6 mk3 before!
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Jamin

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 106
  • Mk3 Golf Gti 16v
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #11 on: 05 April 2012, 20:35 »
I have achieved 44 mpg going to York in slow traffic....well chuffed. On full chat somewhere around 25 mpg. Didn't buy it for fuel economy  :smiley:


Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #12 on: 05 April 2012, 20:38 »
Haha try a vr6 then I get 18-22 maybe 28 if I'm really, really lucky! :grin:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #13 on: 05 April 2012, 20:50 »
Haha try a vr6 then I get 18-22 maybe 28 if I'm really, really lucky! :grin:

 :shocked:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #14 on: 05 April 2012, 20:56 »
Haha try a vr6 then I get 18-22 maybe 28 if I'm really, really lucky! :grin:

 :shocked:

If you leave the VR at home for a few days you might hit 40mpg :grin:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2012, 22:01 »
Love mine, fully loaded with camping gear mine was a lot quicker than a mk2 8v that was empty, an I was pushing him along at 120, till he moved over lol

Tht was on a long straight dual carriageway although the little blighter of an 8v mk2 was slightly trickier to beat up on the twisties, not impossible but man I was working hard!!
« Last Edit: 05 April 2012, 22:03 by Dogbot »

Offline AudiA8Quattro

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,777
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2012, 23:34 »
They are good solid motors, quite quick but also easy to work on.
A good compromise.
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #17 on: 05 April 2012, 23:50 »
Valver = rapid  :shocked:  :undecided:  :grin:

Having driven a couple I do not think they are quick, however still a better bet than the VR as a day to day car.

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #18 on: 06 April 2012, 00:10 »
Mildly frisky rather than rapid I'd say.

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #19 on: 06 April 2012, 02:27 »
130 in 4th :)