Author Topic: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!  (Read 10728 times)

Offline SCO_VAG

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • www.ScottishVag.com
Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« on: 05 April 2012, 19:56 »
Took my new Valver for It's first motorway blast this evening and holy crap she shifts well! And sounds meaty with her new Jetex system (anyone else run this?)


Before I bought one I was told by numerous useless mates that they're not that quick but I disagree.. 5th gear at 70 and you can tell it just wants to keep on pulling, (but obviously I dont  :lipsrsealed: ) Although I suppose coming from a 1L 6n Polo that was dangerously slow would make anything feel quick :grin:

I mean fair enough theirs obviously alot quicker out there but for a 96 Golf it's got some serious anger problems!



Anyone else love there Valver lol ?  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 05 April 2012, 20:00 by SCO_VAG »

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2012, 20:01 »
If your driving it properly you should be in third at 70  :grin:

Offline SCO_VAG

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • www.ScottishVag.com
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2012, 20:04 »
If your driving it properly you should be in third at 70  :grin:

Which brings me on to... Fuel consumption  :angry:

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2012, 20:08 »
Rapid if you are used to a 1.0 polo for sure, slow as fook if you have just stepped out of GT4 :grin:
By todays standards they are slow but a few years back they were average but entertaining :smiley:

Offline Jamin

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 106
  • Mk3 Golf Gti 16v
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2012, 20:12 »
Anything seems slow after the turbo rush  :wink:

If you drove like a nun the you can achieve 40 odd mpg......bit where's the fun in that!!!!!!!

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2012, 20:14 »
If your driving it properly you should be in third at 70  :grin:

Which brings me on to... Fuel consumption  :angry:
Why :angry: i average 33 allround ,what you getting?

Offline SCO_VAG

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • www.ScottishVag.com
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2012, 20:15 »
But even today they're still putting sluggish 1.2's and 4's in new cars, the Valver feels as if it could potentially outrun sh!tty Focus 1.6's and the all the rest of the mundane cement salsemans junk!  :smiley:

Offline SCO_VAG

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • www.ScottishVag.com
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2012, 20:17 »
If your driving it properly you should be in third at 70  :grin:

Which brings me on to... Fuel consumption  :angry:
Why :angry: i average 33 allround ,what you getting?


Well when I put my foot down I'm sure I could see the fuel needle go down slowly  :sad:

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #8 on: 05 April 2012, 20:21 »
That will be the g forces playing havoc with the fuel sender :laugh:

Offline SCO_VAG

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • www.ScottishVag.com
Re: Is it just me or are Valvers rapid?!
« Reply #9 on: 05 April 2012, 20:22 »
That will be the g forces playing havoc with the fuel sender :laugh:

Haha.. oh dear  :shocked: