Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71420 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #850 on: 04 March 2013, 20:40 »
Just booked the bike in to have a service on Wednesday (birthday treat), plus for them to have a good look at the brakes  Pretty sure the pads need replacing, and all the brake fluid.  There's hardly any bite on them all all, and they screech terribly when they're applied.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #851 on: 05 March 2013, 09:36 »
Recommendations on a fully suspention mtb with front & rear lock out's?

About £1300 to spend  :lipsrsealed:

Is this a first bike buddy? I assume you wanting lockouts means you will be doing more xc work than DH.

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #852 on: 05 March 2013, 15:06 »
2nd bike, iv got a hard tail with front lock out,

I do alot of cross country along the South Downs up hill & down hill hence why I want a double lock!

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #853 on: 05 March 2013, 15:22 »
2nd bike, iv got a hard tail with front lock out,

I do alot of cross country along the South Downs up hill & down hill hence why I want a double lock!

An older carbon specialized would be a good shout for that price. Best bet is have a look through bikeradar and see what they like the look of then find independant reviews shooting from that once you have narrowed your choices down.

Offline admc6

• I live here
« Reply #854 on: 08 March 2013, 18:04 »
They'll be no mountain biking for me for a while. Had my kona robbed from work this week!

Wasn't very happy to say the least. I'm off this week too and part of the plan was to go around llandegla.  :cry:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #855 on: 08 March 2013, 18:32 »
Bike has been serviced and ready for collection.  £27 to service the bike, then £24 to replace the front and rear pads and bleed the system.  Pretty good price so overall very pleased!  :smiley:

Offline rob.043

• Here all the time
« Reply #856 on: 28 March 2013, 11:05 »
They'll be no mountain biking for me for a while. Had my kona robbed from work this week!

Wasn't very happy to say the least. I'm off this week too and part of the plan was to go around llandegla.  :cry:

That sucks! Any news on it, no chance of it being recovered? Have you looked at a replacement?

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #857 on: 28 March 2013, 13:54 »
Long bank holiday weekend can only mean one thing... bring on the mud

Offline admc6

• I live here
« Reply #858 on: 28 March 2013, 15:55 »

That sucks! Any news on it, no chance of it being recovered? Have you looked at a replacement?

No news on it yet. I doubt I will get it back now. Have put a claim in at work but I have it covered on my house insurance too.

Have been looking at a cube ams 150. I'm after a full sus and that would sure do the job. Have you got any suggestions? Too end of budget would be about £2200

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #859 on: 29 March 2013, 00:33 »
hello guys and girls, havn't been on for quite a while. off to chicksands tomorrow for a little blast to blow off the cobwebs  :smiley: my fitness has suffered badly over winter so im hoping i wont be too bad  :rolleyes:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!