Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71511 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #660 on: 10 July 2012, 20:58 »
yeah the reverb is brilliant, can't live without it now  :grin:  The fox wasn't out when i got it and it was the only reliable one you could buy. I think crank brothers are bringing out a new one too, might be worth looking into that as well. The joplins were rubbish though!

it's inevitable i'm gonna hurt myself tbh, but am being driven back so it's all good  :grin: I got some body armour for les gets and morzine but not sure if i'll wear it on the mega. Should be ok as long as I don't get pushed down a ravine!

Had no problem with my joplin I had the 4 so they ironed out all the problems by then :lipsrsealed: New crank brothers is meant to have its problems too... It uses a toothed clamping system to bite onto aluminium surface which is wearing very badly and causing seals to wear out

Tempted by the Fox as you know it just works and I like the either fully up, 40mm drop or fully down options.

You doing Les Gets bike park? Cool vid here

http://vimeo.com/44578932

I want to hit the alps next year :cool:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #661 on: 10 July 2012, 20:59 »
best sort ya passport out then  :rolleyes: :lipsrsealed:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #662 on: 10 July 2012, 21:15 »
It will be ready for next year :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #663 on: 10 July 2012, 21:23 »
that ally toothed surface looks a bit shoddy! Does that mean you don't have to sit on the saddle to drop it though? that's a good idea

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #664 on: 10 July 2012, 21:55 »
You got to sit on it to drop it. all the marks is the bite marks from the clamping teeth. At the top you can see a big chunk taken out this is the fully dropped position.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #665 on: 10 July 2012, 22:09 »
I see. The main thing with these seatposts is them being reliable and robust imo, they take a lot of forces when up and sat on, and must get dropped/raised thousands of times in their lifetime! It's weird how rockshox stuff seems so solid, yet avid stuff always brakes even though they are the same company   :laugh:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #666 on: 10 July 2012, 22:10 »
It will be ready for next year :lipsrsealed:

erm, better be ready before then.  :rolleyes:

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #667 on: 22 July 2012, 23:14 »
did 26 miles today!

i haz sore arse!  :laugh:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #668 on: 23 July 2012, 12:25 »
the alps were amazing! Rode at Les Gets, Morzine, Chatel, Montreau and Champery before moving to Alpe d'huez for the mega, which I didn't enter in the end due to a big off the day before qualy  :cry: I got to ride the qualy course twice and the mega course once though and will be back next year stonger and fitter! There was loads of snow at the top this year which was great fun, you go mentally fast on it  :grin:

Les Gets and Morzine were good, but the braking bumps spoiled the tracks a bit, the other places were much better in that respect. Champery is just mental though, so steep! It just shows how good the world cup dh boys are, think i rode maybe 30% of the track and walked the rest  :grin:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #669 on: 23 July 2012, 17:49 »
Sounds like you had an awesome time!!! :cool: :cool: Well jealous  :lipsrsealed: Gutting about the mega but always next year.
Am going to book up a trip to spain for march/april time and then a week in the alps next july. Just got to try and convince some mates to come.

Is that a Urge full face?