Author Topic: under boost issues...here we go again!  (Read 16897 times)

Offline blade4real2004

• GTI forum regular
  • golf gti with a touch of .:R
Re: under boost issues
« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2011, 22:13 »
I'm running tesco 99ron as there no v power close to me. I'll sort out some money for the custom map and get the stuff togeather i.e vr6 maf yellow injectors with the fuel pump nick shall I get one or would you want to use one of yours? Can you pm me a price on the map and pump.

Paul is going to be dropping his car up for his k04 remap I'll prob be coming up with him to bring him up back would that be a perfect time to do mine while we up?
k04s | jabba cai | stage 2 (Rtech) | forge 007p | forge boost hose set |forge tip | THS fmic | gen r line kit | bbs ch | TT short shift | R32 vents | full stainless | decat | auto windows | mk5'd boot
need a scan or mod with vagcom & vagtacho PM ME (south wales area)
my build thread - http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/236415.aspx?PageIndex=1

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 24 October 2011, 22:15 »
Shouldnt have any issue on tesco 99.  Decent fuel! 

Be looking at a good few hours getting your map nice and spot on!  Well worth the wait!

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline blade4real2004

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 24 October 2011, 22:31 »
yer is good fuel i rate it well me and my mate use is and my mates golf nick mapped and he made good power and was on tesco 99

i dont mind waiting all day as you said well worth the wait for the WOW factor!  :grin: :grin:
k04s | jabba cai | stage 2 (Rtech) | forge 007p | forge boost hose set |forge tip | THS fmic | gen r line kit | bbs ch | TT short shift | R32 vents | full stainless | decat | auto windows | mk5'd boot

Offline blade4real2004

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 26 October 2011, 13:43 »
Is a forge actuator a must to pull Chris's power? My turbo is about a year old now but if it needs one to make sure it holds the power I'll get one.

Offline Yohan

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 26 October 2011, 15:06 »
Is a forge actuator a must to pull Chris's power? My turbo is about a year old now but if it needs one to make sure it holds the power I'll get one.

I believe so mate, I just don't think the spring is strong enough in the standard actuator so it starts to crack open at the top end.

Sure Nick/Chris will verify that soon :)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #25 on: 26 October 2011, 15:36 »

Stock actuators wont make good power, some find it hard to make 220bhp. When I first brought my AUM I maxed the map out and only could get 190bhp due to 150k miles on actuator spring.  New forge one fitted and the same map 220bhp out the tin on a stock engine, then 240bhp+ will all my stage 2 mods.

The only k03s  I have had 240bhp on the stock actuator was a 2007 1.8T Polo GTI with around 15k on the clock, full stage 2 spec.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #26 on: 26 October 2011, 15:40 »

Stock actuators wont make good power, some find it hard to make 220bhp. When I first brought my AUM I maxed the map out and only could get 190bhp due to 150k miles on actuator spring.  New forge one fitted and the same map 220bhp out the tin on a stock engine, then 240bhp+ will all my stage 2 mods.

The only k03s  I have had 240bhp on the stock actuator was a 2007 1.8T Polo GTI with around 15k on the clock, full stage 2 spec.

Is changing the actuator a turbo-out job?

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #27 on: 26 October 2011, 15:52 »

It can be done by dropping the turbo down by 50mm and taking the manifold off.   To drop the turbo you need to remove the down pipe and the bolt which mounts the turbo to the block, this will drop the turbo enough to get to the lower nuts on the manifold.    Once manifold is off you can "just" get the top 10mm actuator bolt out, which is very close to one of the feed banjos, it looks impossible to do but with a little effort it will come out.  If you find it too hard getting the 10mm bolt from next to the banjo you will need to remove the banjo and replace the washers.  Re fit the manifold with a new gasket and 13 new nuts and washers.

I am sure the combo of your carbon map with a the forge actuator/ yellow spring will be awesome, Nick might have to clip the N75 I control in the midrange to stop it over boosting..

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #28 on: 26 October 2011, 16:14 »

It can be done by dropping the turbo down by 50mm and taking the manifold off.   To drop the turbo you need to remove the down pipe and the bolt which mounts the turbo to the block, this will drop the turbo enough to get to the lower nuts on the manifold.    Once manifold is off you can "just" get the top 10mm actuator bolt out, which is very close to one of the feed banjos, it looks impossible to do but with a little effort it will come out.  If you find it too hard getting the 10mm bolt from next to the banjo you will need to remove the banjo and replace the washers.  Re fit the manifold with a new gasket and 13 new nuts and washers.

I am sure the combo of your carbon map with a the forge actuator/ yellow spring will be awesome, Nick might have to clip the N75 I control in the midrange to stop it over boosting..

Nick

Cheers Nick :afro:

Offline blade4real2004

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 26 October 2011, 18:33 »
wicked ill add one to the recipe for POWER! i managed to pick up a 3" maf for £16 delivered just injectors pump and actuator.

nick with the injectors is it posible to use 350cc or will they be to big and i should stick with the 315cc ones?
« Last Edit: 26 October 2011, 19:54 by blade4real2004 »