Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100504 times)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
As Shaun says, very thorough job and hats off to you for the job you've done. Problem is with spending so much on this project, you won't make it back. You will more than make up for it in experience and confidence though, so don't be disheartened by that. Raddo next, you know it makes sense!  :grin: :wink:

I'll make back what i have spent easily i would say. Will be after at least 2.5k once its on the road. Its not just about the money its the hard graft that will make it what it is. I know Mk3's don't make much but that because they rust and its difficult to tell how bad until you get right in about it, this one will be 100% rust free. Will prob part ex it for another winter project with plenty monies my way.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Few pics of todays progress.

Fitting the new clip that secures the servo to the brake pedal was an utter ball ache. Still not got it located but i'm hopefull when the brake system is pressurised it will be a matter of pushing the pedal and it will all click into place.

Been going over everything as it begins to go back together. Every nut and bolt cleaned up or replaced and will be coated to prevent future corrosion.

Gearbox painted....

Got a new end cap, flywheel bung and selector rod gaitor from the dealers today so the box will look spot on when its back in. Waiting on my rear mount and clutch coming. Almost have all my parts now. Well besided an OS wing, headlamps, grille and a new battery.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Seanl

• I live here

I'll make back what i have spent easily i would say. Will be after at least 2.5k once its on the road. Its not just about the money its the hard graft that will make it what it is. I know Mk3's don't make much but that because they rust and its difficult to tell how bad until you get right in about it, this one will be 100% rust free. Will prob part ex it for another winter project with plenty monies my way.
[/quote]

I hope your right, but I fear you'll struggle to get that tbh mate. Good luck though.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
You don't put this much work into a car without expecting a good return. Like I said its not about the parts your buying but rather what you are bolting them on to. At the end of the day it will be a good solid, mechanically sound, low mileage car with most, if not all the servicable parts renewed. Worth 2.5k of anyones money and if not then it will be kept.

Offline MattMK

• Not said much yet
Really really impressed mate! my MK3 needs this sort of treatmet lol totaly agree with what your saying about the value of this car having seen whats gone in to it!

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
So in that case I can scrap the F*ckers then   :evil:

Yeah.....i'm only doing away with the tunnel one and the shield that wraps the downpipes. Unsure about the bulkhead shield as its a bit scabby and wont look nice in my new engine bay.

Next time (soon hopefully) I do any work on the exhaust I'l ditch the shields as I hate them!

You engine bay looks so lush...bit of a dumb question, are you spraying the whole car white?
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
So in that case I can scrap the F*ckers then   :evil:

Yeah.....i'm only doing away with the tunnel one and the shield that wraps the downpipes. Unsure about the bulkhead shield as its a bit scabby and wont look nice in my new engine bay.

Next time (soon hopefully) I do any work on the exhaust I'l ditch the shields as I hate them!

You engine bay looks so lush...bit of a dumb question, are you spraying the whole car white?

Yeah mate....alpine white. but leaving the roof in black. Well until I decide it looks out of place and spray it white.

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
White car, black roof, I'm liking that  :cool:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
So many critics mate, you can pay £750 - £5000 on MK1's and easily the same for MK2's, next to the top is the MK3 so like you say you pay sh!t money you get a pile of sh!te (i know ha) it'll be a mint car so gunna fetch decent money from someone who can see it for what it is. Mite be worth holding on to it for a few years anyway cus that many getting scrapped they will go up in value eventually just may take a while. Bays looking nice and tidy  :smiley:. Whats happening on the inside with interior are you putting standard back in or going for something abit more fancy like recaros, leather? Be ashame to stick normal interior in after all ur efforts, would let it down. 

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
So many critics mate, you can pay £750 - £5000 on MK1's and easily the same for MK2's, next to the top is the MK3 so like you say you pay sh!t money you get a pile of sh!te (i know ha) it'll be a mint car so gunna fetch decent money from someone who can see it for what it is. Mite be worth holding on to it for a few years anyway cus that many getting scrapped they will go up in value eventually just may take a while. Bays looking nice and tidy  :smiley:. Whats happening on the inside with interior are you putting standard back in or going for something abit more fancy like recaros, leather? Be ashame to stick normal interior in after all ur efforts, would let it down. 

Well for now will just be putting the original interior back in because it is mint but if some recaros or leather come up in the future at a good price I will put them in. Got a set of silver anniversary dial covers and red needles for it already.