Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100467 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Jamo's Mk3 Gti 8v Winter Rebuild Project
« Reply #80 on: 10 January 2012, 16:37 »
Nice progress.  Wheels look fine... much curb rash on them?

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #81 on: 10 January 2012, 17:58 »
Nice progress.  Wheels look fine... much curb rash on them?

Cheers mate.....yeah they all have some curb marks on the lip, one worse than the others. Should be able to repair them hopefully but can put them on hold for a while.

Keep it up buddy, how come your thinkin off seelling in the summer then? Got something else in mind? Iv done quite well with breaking mine and just took delivery of a Mars Res MK1 so ill get some pictures up in next few weeks, bit of a rough old girl but just feel the money spent will be more worth while. Keep it up be good to see her all done.

Thanks again mate.......Well the plan was to do it up, run it for a bit then sell or swap it for something else but i'm not sure. Will see what kind off feeling I get from it once its on the road. My first car was a pargas blue Mk1 CL, good cars like in any format. look forward to seeing the pics!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #82 on: 14 January 2012, 15:50 »
Got the engine bay, inner wheel arches and floor pan in primer yesterday. Was going to put the top coat on today but its just too cold and didn't want to risk it blooming up.

Hopefully get it in white in the next couple of days.

Also got all the engine parts painted up.

Brake calipers primed. I know i'm missing a carrier, its still on the back of the car. Bolt rounded off but will sort that out when I switch my attentions to the rear.

Painted...

Still got the engine and gearbox to do but will get that done next week. Then it will be time to rebuild. Away to do some online shopping today as need to get some parts bought for it. Going to look for a set of coilovers but not cheap joms but a step or two up from them. Venom seem to have quite a big collection so might get them from there but will look eleswhere first. Don't want to spend anymore than I have too.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2012, 15:52 by Gti_Jamo »

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 14 January 2012, 16:09 »
Top work! Can't wait to see this all finished. Will be almost literally a brand new car! :smiley:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #84 on: 14 January 2012, 16:14 »
Top work! Can't wait to see this all finished. Will be almost literally a brand new car! :smiley:

Either can I, wish it was finished already!! I wouldn't go that far lol but should be a good example of a Mk3. Underneath will look good!!

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #85 on: 14 January 2012, 18:25 »
Looking great, what primer did you use mate? Also i would recomend weitec coilovers if there in ur budget as i had some on my old MK2 and i couldnt fault them. Some good progress! Scrap man took my MK3 away today lol £140 for the remains so not too bad got more back than i paid for it.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #86 on: 14 January 2012, 18:51 »
Looking great, what primer did you use mate? Also i would recomend weitec coilovers if there in ur budget as i had some on my old MK2 and i couldnt fault them. Some good progress! Scrap man took my MK3 away today lol £140 for the remains so not too bad got more back than i paid for it.

Cheers mate, just used normal 2 pac primer which was on the shelf in the garage. Yeah looked at Weitecs but I don't like the green coils on them. Will prob go for AP's. Yeah progress is good but needs to be faster. Still so much to do. Can't argue with that if you got more than you paid. just unfortunate you had to get rid.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 14 January 2012, 21:47 »
Loving this! Keep it up!

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Got a break in this cold weather yesterday so got the spray gun out and painted every inch of the front end and the floor pan in alpine white. Turned out pretty well with a nice glossy finish. Went round it today with a wee brush and touched up any areas I couldn't get the gun aimed correctly and it looks mint.

Also done a bit of painting on the engine. Still got the cam cover and the sump to do but they will be coming off to get done. Still got the gearbox to clean up and paint.

Also been spending money!!  :sick:

AP Coilovers....

Also new wishbones, ball joints, drop links, track rod ends, strut top mounts and brake hoses along with a roll of brake pipe and ends, various clips and stuff and some heat wrap.

Will be beginning to rebuild this lot back up so i can move on to the rear end. Just a few more bits to clean up and paint. Need to get a few bits and bobs from the dealer too.

More updates soon!!  :cool:

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
I tell you what you dont piss about lol, paint looks really good impressive stuff. All nice new shiny parts, be worth it down the line when you need to do any work/repairs. Keep it up man!  :cool: