Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100479 times)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Jamo's Mk3 Gti 8v Winter Rebuild Project
« Reply #70 on: 22 December 2011, 22:48 »
subframe,rollbar,an rear beam shouldnt cost more than £100quid any colour u want :smiley:

Mmm not too bad then. May be worth doing and a good selling point when time comes. I have a powdercoaters about 12 miles from me so will drop in and see them. Cheers bud!!
i had loads of work from a local place done on a few of my cars makes a big diffrence  :smiley:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #71 on: 23 December 2011, 14:14 »
It's good to see someone doing a job properly. :smiley:

Offline Liftedd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #72 on: 23 December 2011, 15:27 »
Great project, cant wait to see more  :smiley:

Offline TORNADO-GTi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #73 on: 23 December 2011, 22:30 »
top work fella, :cool: should have my engine out to strip and paint in the new year.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #74 on: 26 December 2011, 19:00 »
top work fella, :cool: should have my engine out to strip and paint in the new year.

Nice one....what I did was takes pictures of everything during the strip down so when it comes to rebuild I can just follow the pictures in reverse. Almost lost all the pics though as the hard drive on my laptop temporarily packed in. Managed to recover them onto a usb thank god lol!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #75 on: 26 December 2011, 19:07 »
It's good to see someone doing a job properly. :smiley:

Cheers mate....Ah well if its needs doing it might aswell be done right.  :laugh:

Great project, cant wait to see more  :smiley:

Cheers buddy, yeah neither can I!!  :wink:

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #76 on: 07 January 2012, 17:31 »
Managed to get a few hours on the golf this week. Decided against powder coating the subframe and anti-roll bar as I couldn't justify the cost given the long list of parts I have yet to buy. Got the subframe,  power steering pipes and some other bits and bobs painted and got all the other aluminium engine parts sprayed in zinc primer ready for a final coat of silver.

Also picked up these 16 x 7.5 Lenso BSX's yesterday. Not ready for wheels yet I know but these came to my attention at bargain basement cost. Thought they would need a refurb but actually just need a clean and a bit of elbow grease and they will look spot on. Need new centres for the caps but can get them new for £40. Tyres are 195/45/16's with a little bit of stretch and all match with plenty tread so i'm happy i have saved myself a wad of cash that can be spent elsewhere on the car.

Really need to speed up the progress in the coming weeks if my deadline is to be met. So far total spend on this is a shade over £600 including the car which is good going so far but reckon I will need to plough another grand into it to get it in top notch condition along with a good set of coilovers but i'm confident its money that can be made back when or if I decide to sell it in the summer.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #77 on: 07 January 2012, 20:11 »
I like the alloys man! Keep up the good work :)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #78 on: 07 January 2012, 20:42 »
I like the alloys man! Keep up the good work :)

Cheers mate, ET22 offset too so should sit nice.

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #79 on: 09 January 2012, 07:08 »
Keep it up buddy, how come your thinkin off seelling in the summer then? Got something else in mind? Iv done quite well with breaking mine and just took delivery of a Mars Res MK1 so ill get some pictures up in next few weeks, bit of a rough old girl but just feel the money spent will be more worth while. Keep it up be good to see her all done.