Author Topic: 1.8T Project  (Read 28031 times)

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #40 on: 14 September 2011, 13:23 »
I also used original aum ecu, qpeng can go f**k themselves, £1000 for inferior management isnt worth it imo  :laugh:

I got rubjonny to do my loom and topher for all the ecu stuff (immob defeat, mapping, etc) all in all the whole management cost me £375, and same as kells I still have vagcom, mfa, and original mk3 clocks  :)

people can rave about qpeng all they want but all you have to do is check the CGTI 1.8t forum to see how many ppl have problems with it

If you wanna give the wiring a go yourself check this out, its for a mk2 but has the same ce2 fusebox as a mk3  http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205887
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline N900 MJT

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 900
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #41 on: 14 September 2011, 13:34 »
All fantastic info guys! I do plan on doing the wiring myself as I have everything already!!

Now i just need to get someone to move it so i can start working on it!!!

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #42 on: 19 September 2011, 20:15 »
I would avoid qpeng and run the factory set up if you can.  :smiley:

Offline N900 MJT

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 900
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #43 on: 20 September 2011, 09:13 »
Cheers Wayne - I plan on using the factory setup as I have read all sorts of things about how rubbish qpeng is!

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #44 on: 20 September 2011, 14:30 »
Cheers Wayne - I plan on using the factory setup as I have read all sorts of things about how rubbish qpeng is!

 :cool: Good luck with it.

Offline N900 MJT

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 900
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #45 on: 20 September 2011, 14:39 »
Thanks - looking forward to the challenge!

Offline N900 MJT

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 900
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #46 on: 03 October 2011, 13:59 »
Right going to dig this back up - Picked up the engine on saturday with a shell attached (thats the way im looking at it)

Will the mk4 driveshafts fit the mk3 hubs or the otherway - will the mk3 driveshafts fit inside the mk4 gearbox?

Going to start sripping what is left of the car to help fund this!!

Cheers

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #47 on: 03 October 2011, 21:31 »
Mk4 driveshaft won't fit afaik but mk3 will fit the 02j box. You will also need the starter from an abf (mk3 16v) to bolt to the box and engine bracket
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Adam

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,194
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #48 on: 03 October 2011, 22:01 »
16V Golf MK3 long drive shaft is needed to fit the 02a/02j boxes.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #49 on: 03 October 2011, 22:09 »
just forget the mk4 box idea. you can get a mk3 16v box cheap! and its the best route to take, mk4 box heavy and needs modifications

sell it on recoup the cash
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/