Author Topic: 1.8T Project  (Read 28022 times)

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #50 on: 04 October 2011, 00:19 »
16V Golf MK3 long drive shaft is needed to fit the 02a/02j boxes.

Im using standard 8v driveshafts on my 02a
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Adam

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,194
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #51 on: 04 October 2011, 08:15 »
16V Golf MK3 long drive shaft is needed to fit the 02a/02j boxes.

Im using standard 8v driveshafts on my 02a

Humm I was told you needed the 16v driveshafts as the dif on the 02a was longer?  :undecided: Can some one else confirm If I need to buy them?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #52 on: 04 October 2011, 09:02 »
16V Golf MK3 long drive shaft is needed to fit the 02a/02j boxes.

Im using standard 8v driveshafts on my 02a

Humm I was told you needed the 16v driveshafts as the dif on the 02a was longer?  :undecided: Can some one else confirm If I need to buy them?

I think your right, better to use them in any case as they are stronger (thicker) I believe.

Offline Adam

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,194
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #53 on: 04 October 2011, 09:51 »
16V Golf MK3 long drive shaft is needed to fit the 02a/02j boxes.

Im using standard 8v driveshafts on my 02a

Humm I was told you needed the 16v driveshafts as the dif on the 02a was longer?  :undecided: Can some one else confirm If I need to buy them?

I think your right, better to use them in any case as they are stronger (thicker) I believe.

I believed they were all 100mm on the GTIs and most TDIs?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #54 on: 04 October 2011, 11:09 »
GTI driveshafts are all same. Mine is on the original 8v ones
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline N900 MJT

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 900
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #55 on: 04 October 2011, 14:28 »
Cheers for the input guys - going to be dropping the engine and box out of the mk4 this weekend ready to delete the PVC system and N249 valve (i think its that) and also the SIA pipework

Next on the list is to try and shift some parts from the mk4 to get a little bit of my money back!

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #56 on: 04 October 2011, 19:31 »
lol pvc :P pcv = positive crackcase ventilation, you cant really delete it but it can be simplified and a common mod is putting a catch can in the system to catch all the oily crap

you may mean the evap system? that can be deleted and is mainly junk especially on a mk3, same as the sai (secondary air injection) its just to heat the cat up faster from cold starts

things that can be deleted with no consequences (other than some codes) are n249 n112 and evap

check this thread on vwvortex clicky

and these howto vids made by the same guy, just the first 2 are for the 1.8t. theres no catch can install vid yet but the first 2 vids are awesome info. I know the first one is an hour long, trust me watch it all it will guide you though the whole process of removing n249 n112 and the evap, and the 2nd vid guides you through simplifying the brake booster pipework and making the engine bay look tidier
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Adam

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,194
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #57 on: 05 October 2011, 15:07 »
Is the rear gearbox mount (passenger side) different for the ABF 02a gearbox from the 8v 020 box?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #58 on: 05 October 2011, 16:02 »
Is the rear gearbox mount (passenger side) different for the ABF 02a gearbox from the 8v 020 box?

do you mean the braket or the mount itself ?

the braket is different (as you saw on mine)

the actual mount is the same.. the only mount thatsa different on the ABF is the drivers side, the other 2 are the same part number on both ABF and 8v cars

VR6 has same 2 rear ones as 8V but a different front mount part number

hope this helps
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Adam

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,194
Re: 1.8T Project
« Reply #59 on: 05 October 2011, 16:08 »
Is the rear gearbox mount (passenger side) different for the ABF 02a gearbox from the 8v 020 box?

do you mean the braket or the mount itself ?

the braket is different (as you saw on mine)

the actual mount is the same.. the only mount thatsa different on the ABF is the drivers side, the other 2 are the same part number on both ABF and 8v cars

VR6 has same 2 rear ones as 8V but a different front mount part number

hope this helps

Spot on. Got confused over the rear engine on that isn't present on the 8v but on the 16v.

Down Hill From Here.