Author Topic: Yellow GTI for sale  (Read 11223 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Re: Yellow GTI for sale
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2011, 22:40 »
It's the colour of milky custard, I love custard but I don't love the GTI in that particular shade.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 03 May 2011, 22:44 »
It's the colour of milky custard, I love custard but I don't love the GTI in that particular shade.

Look good with black roof bars.  :evil:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #12 on: 03 May 2011, 22:49 »

Look good with black roof bars.  :evil:

You are a very wicked man  :wink:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 May 2011, 23:00 »
Not my fav. colour but I'd be interested to see what it looks like in the flesh. I think I like it purely because its a different  :undecided:

Not my cup of tea. It looks expensive too; advertised at a fiver under £30k for what looks to be pretty much a standard spec GTI, other than the RCD510, dash mounted bluetooth touch phone kit (you can see these in the interior shot on the website), 18" Monzas and the paint colour. Yellow paint is an option in Germany but it's expensive; the configurator on www.volkswagen.de quotes a price of 1,660 euros, so you'd really have to like the colour to pay that much to be different :shocked:. Might not be easy for the dealer to find a buyer either.   

I think I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that it's possible to order a UK spec Golf GTI in one of the much wider range of special optional colours available in europe - assume that's what's happened here. From memory, the cost of some of these colours was in excess of the equivalent of 1,660 euros as it's classed as a bespoke, one-off build, so it doesn't come cheap to be different!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 04 May 2011, 05:36 »
I quite like the Custard GTI. I don't think I'd buy it unless it was stupidly cheap as it'd have to be stupidly cheap for you to be able to find another buyer for it once you'd got bored of it and the incredible value for money of a mk7 Golf became just too much temptation (spot the irony there?).

SEAT dealers seem to be trying to shift yellow Cupra R launch demo models at around a grand plus cheaper than other coloured ones.

It'd be interesting to hear about how come they have a custard coloured GTI in the first place. Wonder whether it was a special order that someone chickened out on, or whether the dealership principal ordered it for his wife as a present but before is was delivered she'd ran off with a young adonis whilst they waited 18 months for VW to order enough paint to be able to build the thing......

One thing I will say, it's surprising that a Scottish dealer has a car of that colour as it must clash horribly with the orange hair of the local population......... :lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2011, 08:38 »
One thing I will say, it's surprising that a Scottish dealer has a car of that colour as it must clash horribly with the orange hair of the local population......... :lipsrsealed:

:laugh:  Careful Andy.... your upset our Scottish friends on here

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2011, 11:01 »
Just window shopping on VW's used car locator and came across this yellow GTI for sale (at Barnetts Volkswagen Dundee).

Didn't know they made them in this colour. Its a wee bit different. Undecided if I like it or not. What do you think?

I like that!
Red strips, red badges, R rear lights and a change of wheel and that would hit the spot.

I tried to special order a yellow GTI instead of red this time around, and got nowhere.
I like yellow cars  :rolleyes:

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2011, 13:23 »
Banana yellow would be ok for me but like others have said, its a bit washed out looking.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2011, 13:34 »
 As Ess_Three has pointed out the car needs a better set of wheels fitted which would bring the paintwork colour out a bit.

I can't say I don't like the wheels as I've got those fitted on mine at the moment but you can get away with black wheels against white paintwork.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2011, 14:29 »

:laugh:  Careful Andy.... your upset our Scottish friends on here

Nah, it's their way of differentiating themselves from the English enemy and compliments their blue skin nicely.

I think the black wheels look okay on the car, they'd probably blend in a little better if the mirror caps were done black and as you've all said - the ubiquitous(sp) R tail lamps.
I think the Monza Shadows would actually look worse on that car.

Lots of black and yellow = bumble bee or wasp!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner