Author Topic: Edition 35?  (Read 72086 times)

Jimmymature

Re: Edition 35?
« Reply #50 on: 09 May 2011, 21:22 »
Um yum yum, I really like that I may even be tempted myself.

Wonder why they've left it so late in the life of the MK6? That's a lot of money tp spend on a car that will be replaced a year after it comes out.

I have to say that the seats look nice and I will be getting one of those gear nobs too  :cool:

Jim
« Last Edit: 09 May 2011, 21:30 by Jimmymature »

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 09 May 2011, 21:32 »

Wonder why they've left it so late in the life of the MK6? That's a lot of money tp spend on a car that will be replaced a year after it comes out.

Jim

It would be a bit pointless bringing out a 35th anniversary model earlier or later than the anniversary.

That would be like me bringing flowers and chocolates home to the missis 3 days after the anniversary and wishing her a happy anniversary - The chocolates would be lobbed at me and the flowers broken in two :laugh:
Well, I suppose knowing my missis, she'd eat the chocolates :evil:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 09 May 2011, 21:36 »

Jim

It would be a bit pointless bringing out a 35th anniversary model earlier or later than the anniversary.

That would be like me bringing flowers and chocolates home to the missis 3 days after the anniversary and wishing her a happy anniversary - The chocolates would be lobbed at me and the flowers broken in two :laugh:

.... and stick the stalks up your vase .....  :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Jimmymature

« Reply #53 on: 09 May 2011, 21:43 »

Jim

Very true but who will spend that kind of money when at the time they are picking it up they will be looking at "coming soon" pics of the new GTI with the 2.5 beast fitted all for just £10k  :evil:

Jim

Offline vaughn

• I live here
  • now team wagon, and team grumpy trainee
« Reply #54 on: 09 May 2011, 22:05 »
hurdy, please don`t buy one, or if you do, don`t bring it to any shows i shall be attending.
i spent months finding an ed30 i could afford after i had seen and sat in yours  :grin:
i think an ed35 could push my missus over the edge  :laugh:

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 09 May 2011, 22:23 »
Very true but who will spend that kind of money when at the time they are picking it up they will be looking at "coming soon" pics of the new GTI with the 2.5 beast fitted all for just £10k  :evil:

Jim

There are a whole pile of pre-orders for the Audi RS3 at the moment... and its a car thats going to be replaced within a matter of months - not years!
Its a hideous looking beast too - but people are only really interested in the engine / gearbox / performance.  :sick:
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 09 May 2011, 23:23 »
hurdy, please don`t buy one, or if you do, don`t bring it to any shows i shall be attending.
i spent months finding an ed30 i could afford after i had seen and sat in yours  :grin:

Don't worry Vaughn, I think it may well be a Golf R for me next as I feel the lure of the 4WD is strong within me Obiwan.......

errr, sorry got an "Attack of the Clones" there for a minute :grin:

Jimmymature

« Reply #57 on: 09 May 2011, 23:28 »

Jim

There are a whole pile of pre-orders for the Audi RS3 at the moment... and its a car thats going to be replaced within a matter of months - not years!
Its a hideous looking beast too - but people are only really interested in the engine / gearbox / performance.  :sick:

That is true but a limited edition GTI isn't anything close to being in the same league as an RS3.

Either way, if it were my £35k I'd be getting an R over a ED35 any day...

Jim

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 09 May 2011, 23:51 »

Don't worry Vaughn, I think it may well be a Golf R for me next as I feel the lure of the 4WD is strong within me Obiwan.......

turbo an R32 hurdy!!! You know u want to
 :evil:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 10 May 2011, 01:29 »

turbo an R32 hurdy!!! You know u want to
 :evil:

Funny you should say that, I've just been looking at R32's and the Storm Developments supercharger kit :evil:

£20k would get me both :shocked: