Author Topic: Edition 35?  (Read 71925 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: Edition 35?
« Reply #30 on: 29 April 2011, 09:10 »
More info on the MKVII.......

BERLIN (Reuters) - Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) will begin selling the seventh generation of its flagship VW Golf hatchback at the "end of 2012 or early 2013.," a spokesman for the company said on Saturday.

The spokesman was responding to a report in industry publication Automobilwoche, citing a person close to VW's chief executive, that the new model would arrive in showrooms in November 2012 . However, the VW spokesman said no specific month had yet been targeted for the launch.

The Golf Mk VII will be the first Volkswagen brand model to be based on the cost-saving modular transverse architecture, known by its German abbreviation "MQB," that will eventually be used to build some 3 million vehicles group-wide every year.

The company has said they expect savings in the double-digit percentage range thanks to a production process that differs from the previous vehicle platforms, which only offer synergies across brands using the same underpinnings rather than synergies across both brands and models.

The very first vehicle to use MQB-based modularity will be the new Audi A3 due in the summer of 2012.

Source:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/01/22/retire-us-volkswagen-idUKTRE70L19020110122
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #31 on: 29 April 2011, 10:47 »
^ I posted that yesterday earlier in the thread, you even comented on it  :grin:
« Last Edit: 29 April 2011, 10:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 29 April 2011, 22:23 »
^ I posted that yesterday earlier in the thread, you even comented on it  :grin:

^^^LOL^^^

I'm getting old and my memory ain't what it used to be :embarassed: :laugh:

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 09 May 2011, 16:40 »
Well its hardly ground breaking is it?

235ps and some tarty bits, not sure I will swap but I might..........

Half leather is an option, and Xennons are standard, at least in German spec.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #34 on: 09 May 2011, 16:53 »
^ Really like the overall look of the car.

The alloys suit the car really well. Nice to see something different. Dare I say though the wheels look like they are a bit vauxhall'ish? ( Need to wash my mouth out now )  :smiley:

You just new the wing mirrors would be painted black gloss as well.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 09 May 2011, 17:13 »
Is it me or does the front bumper have a bit of sculpting to it round the edges at the bottom?
Anyway, I like it.
I doubt I could justify the money to change mine for one though so I'll just have to admire everyone elses!!!

And thanks for putting the pics up Dave.  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #36 on: 09 May 2011, 17:19 »
What actually different on that then?

Apart from the obvious wheels all I can see thats different is smoked rear lights and the black wing mirrors . . . that cant be it can it?

I like the wheels, they instantly reminded me of the Montreal 2 wheels that came on the MK4 GTI.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #37 on: 09 May 2011, 17:23 »
The wheels are very vauxhall, they are called snowflakes on vx's iirc

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 09 May 2011, 17:24 »

Apart from the obvious wheels all I can see thats different is smoked rear lights and the black wing mirrors . . . that cant be it can it?

^^^^This is exactly what everyone said when the edition 30 came out - and we all know that VW went the extra mile there with the turbo. Maybe the car has the "old" K04 and TFSi in it or maybe it has a TSi with a different turbo or maybe, just maybe, it is an uber detuned 2.5 with 4WD (I wish! :grin:)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #39 on: 09 May 2011, 17:25 »

^^^^This is exactly what everyone said when the edition 30 came out - and we all know that VW went the extra mile there with the turbo. Maybe the car has the "old" K04 and TFSi in it or maybe it has a TSi with a different turbo or maybe, just maybe, it is an uber detuned 2.5 with 4WD (I wish! :grin:)

Yeah, but the ED30 looks quite a bit different to the standard GTI (to be fair, thats mainly because it came with the colour coded bumpers thinking about it). Cant do that with the MK6 can they.

Id love it to have the "old" engine. That would mean out of the 3 Golf sport models, 2 of them would have the MK5 engine :D