Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47815 times)

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #220 on: 22 January 2011, 14:47 »
Cracking work, not sure on those seat mounting brackets  :undecided:

alright wayne ! the seat was a rush job to get in as i needed to drive the car somewhere to get something done, and didnt have the old seats ! but the seat subframe/braket will be rectified properly and rienforced ! watch this space !!!!!!!!!

:cool: glad to hear that  :smiley:

DH and Soundillusion were questioning the rear strut brace, and why you have attached the seat belt to it?

why wouldnt i attatch the harness to it ? its a strong bar that would never bend in a million years, and its welded in properly.........

You crash or you get shunted and the rear of the car is bends or breaks away, the harness is going with it. Where does that leave room for your body?

Think of it as a cheese slice through your chest. Not a safe or acceptable place to put a harness :undecided: That and they should be mounted parallel to the floor.

ok im gonna look into this and put some anchor points on the floor.

:afro: Much safer.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
« Reply #221 on: 22 January 2011, 14:49 »

alright wayne ! the seat was a rush job to get in as i needed to drive the car somewhere to get something done, and didnt have the old seats ! but the seat subframe/braket will be rectified properly and rienforced ! watch this space !!!!!!!!!

DH and Soundillusion were questioning the rear strut brace, and why you have attached the seat belt to it?

why wouldnt i attatch the harness to it ? its a strong bar that would never bend in a million years, and its welded in properly.........

Just read this thread all the way through, nice turn round from your original thread, and you've been very busy!

The reason that you should never attach your belts to the strut brace is a major safety issue, example, If your car gets side swiped on the OS rear wheel, by another car, doing lets say 80mph, then it will cause the turret that the bar is welded to, to move, if this movement is in a rearwards direction, the the belts could quite easily snap you shoulder blades, or worse, but if the belts are attached to the cage, this will simply not happen, I strongly recommend that you change your decision on this

One other point, you'll need to sort out some sort of ventilation for yourself, and also the side windows, and windscreen, Demon Tweeks do very cheap inline fans for around £25 well worth it. especially if you want to be able to see where your going should it start to rain!

I also have a Motor traders policy that's pretty much the same as yours... they DO exist :rolleyes:

Thom

yea im gonna look into changing the harness points......
whats the ventalation for ?
at last someone understands the insurance thing ! hopefullly that can be put to bed now.
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
« Reply #222 on: 22 January 2011, 15:01 »

Just read this thread all the way through, nice turn round from your original thread, and you've been very busy!

The reason that you should never attach your belts to the strut brace is a major safety issue, example, If your car gets side swiped on the OS rear wheel, by another car, doing lets say 80mph, then it will cause the turret that the bar is welded to, to move, if this movement is in a rearwards direction, the the belts could quite easily snap you shoulder blades, or worse, but if the belts are attached to the cage, this will simply not happen, I strongly recommend that you change your decision on this

One other point, you'll need to sort out some sort of ventilation for yourself, and also the side windows, and windscreen, Demon Tweeks do very cheap inline fans for around £25 well worth it. especially if you want to be able to see where your going should it start to rain!

I also have a Motor traders policy that's pretty much the same as yours... they DO exist :rolleyes:

Thom

at last someone understands the insurance thing ! hopefullly that can be put to bed now.

Ventilation simply to keep the screens clear, and you'll need some sort of fresh air duct pointing towards you! stripping out all the insulation, carpets, dash etc, will make the inside of the car like an oven, even on a relatively cool day, an inline fan should be rigged up somehow maybe with the old screen de-mist vents taken from he old dash, or, maybe even cut the vented part of the dash away, and reattach it in its original position...
Thom
« Last Edit: 22 January 2011, 15:03 by thom89 »

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #223 on: 22 January 2011, 15:39 »
he still has started de-mist vents etc attached doesn't he ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #224 on: 22 January 2011, 16:05 »

Thom

Ventilation simply to keep the screens clear, and you'll need some sort of fresh air duct pointing towards you! stripping out all the insulation, carpets, dash etc, will make the inside of the car like an oven, even on a relatively cool day, an inline fan should be rigged up somehow maybe with the old screen de-mist vents taken from he old dash, or, maybe even cut the vented part of the dash away, and reattach it in its original position...
Thom

ive still got the heating system in the car, pointing only to the front screen and straight inside the car, so thats the misty windows sorted,  and i have the little holes in the side windows i could stick a straw out of and breath through

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #225 on: 22 January 2011, 16:06 »
he still has started de-mist vents etc attached doesn't he ??

tech you've lost me mate ?

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #226 on: 22 January 2011, 16:13 »
do you still have your heaters and vents fitted ??

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #227 on: 22 January 2011, 16:19 »
do you still have your heaters and vents fitted ??

yes mate, just the main air ducts tho, 1 pointing up at the screen and 1 pointing back into the car, i was initialy gone f**k off the whole heating system, but had second thoughts so refited it with a new heater matrix, makes the front dash look a bit ugly, as its on show but there you go, it has a job to do......

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #228 on: 22 January 2011, 16:47 »
Well thats what the other guy was saying you needed a fan to clear the screen so i said you had the vents already.. so thats not a problem..

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #229 on: 22 January 2011, 17:26 »
Well thats what the other guy was saying you needed a fan to clear the screen so i said you had the vents already.. so thats not a problem..

yea ! sorry i missunderstood first time round