Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47733 times)

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #210 on: 21 January 2011, 21:54 »
Looking good, i'm not saying anything negative as thats already covered.   No answer to the rear bar question?....... Seems it's going to be pretty tidy looking inside..

sorry mate what did i miss ? (rear bar question) ???  to be honest i was gonna do the whole project to a high standard to start with, but then thought i want it as a track  car and not a show car ! so the standard of work is not going to be great but at the same time wont be sh!t either......
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #211 on: 21 January 2011, 21:55 »
im after a auxiliary water pump if any one has one ?

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #212 on: 21 January 2011, 21:56 »
+1 on the seat mounts.  Dear God!  Slam the anchors on and....PING!

the seats will be put in properly soon ! had to just chuck it in as i needed to drive the car.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #213 on: 21 January 2011, 23:16 »
Cracking work, not sure on those seat mounting brackets  :undecided:

alright wayne ! the seat was a rush job to get in as i needed to drive the car somewhere to get something done, and didnt have the old seats ! but the seat subframe/braket will be rectified properly and rienforced ! watch this space !!!!!!!!!

:cool: glad to hear that  :smiley:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #214 on: 22 January 2011, 13:56 »

alright wayne ! the seat was a rush job to get in as i needed to drive the car somewhere to get something done, and didnt have the old seats ! but the seat subframe/braket will be rectified properly and rienforced ! watch this space !!!!!!!!!

DH and Soundillusion were questioning the rear strut brace, and why you have attached the seat belt to it?

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #215 on: 22 January 2011, 14:06 »

DH and Soundillusion were questioning the rear strut brace, and why you have attached the seat belt to it?

why wouldnt i attatch the harness to it ? its a strong bar that would never bend in a million years, and its welded in properly.........

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #216 on: 22 January 2011, 14:29 »

why wouldnt i attatch the harness to it ? its a strong bar that would never bend in a million years, and its welded in properly.........

dont look at me, i only spotted their question  :cry:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #217 on: 22 January 2011, 14:33 »

You crash or you get shunted and the rear of the car is bends or breaks away, the harness is going with it. Where does that leave room for your body?

Think of it as a cheese slice through your chest. Not a safe or acceptable place to put a harness :undecided: That and they should be mounted parallel to the floor.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2011, 14:35 by Adam »

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
« Reply #218 on: 22 January 2011, 14:39 »

Just read this thread all the way through, nice turn round from your original thread, and you've been very busy!

The reason that you should never attach your belts to the strut brace is a major safety issue, example, If your car gets side swiped on the OS rear wheel, by another car, doing lets say 80mph, then it will cause the turret that the bar is welded to, to move, if this movement is in a rearwards direction, the the belts could quite easily snap you shoulder blades, or worse, but if the belts are attached to the cage, this will simply not happen, I strongly recommend that you change your decision on this

One other point, you'll need to sort out some sort of ventilation for yourself, and also the side windows, and windscreen, Demon Tweeks do very cheap inline fans for around £25 well worth it. especially if you want to be able to see where your going should it start to rain!

I also have a Motor traders policy that's pretty much the same as yours... they DO exist :rolleyes:

Thom

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #219 on: 22 January 2011, 14:46 »

You crash or you get shunted and the rear of the car is bends or breaks away, the harness is going with it. Where does that leave room for your body?

Think of it as a cheese slice through your chest. Not a safe or acceptable place to put a harness :undecided: That and they should be mounted parallel to the floor.

ok im gonna look into this and put some anchor points on the floor.