Author Topic: Thinking the unthinkable  (Read 4519 times)

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: Thinking the unthinkable
« Reply #20 on: 28 October 2010, 09:07 »
One image to sum up my views on diesel, not that I have anything against it



The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Thinking the unthinkable
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2010, 11:46 »
I have done my sums by the way fella, I work in a tier 1 OEM diesel supplier as an applications engineer, so this is kinda my job. :smiley: I do however have all the time in the world to discuss things like this. :cool:

PWNage if ever I saw it  :grin:

Diesel just doesn't have the rev-range to make it properly huge fun to drive.

Excellent as a day to day punt about in it barge, but for real, proper fun on the road?  I think not.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: Thinking the unthinkable
« Reply #22 on: 28 October 2010, 11:51 »
I have done my sums by the way fella, I work in a tier 1 OEM diesel supplier as an applications engineer, so this is kinda my job. :smiley: I do however have all the time in the world to discuss things like this. :cool:

PWNage if ever I saw it  :grin:



 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline mr burns

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 63
Re: Thinking the unthinkable
« Reply #23 on: 29 October 2010, 11:38 »
I could always convert it to LPG for the weeks commuting still having the petrol for the weekend blasts  :grin:

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: Thinking the unthinkable
« Reply #24 on: 29 October 2010, 11:57 »
I work in a tier 1 OEM diesel supplier as an applications engineer

on or off highway engines?

Offline Agreeable Slick

  • Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 7,066
  • Unit
Re: Thinking the unthinkable
« Reply #25 on: 29 October 2010, 12:00 »
Mixture of both.

Primarily the latter though.

Offline beechymonza

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 680
  • mad beech
Re: Thinking the unthinkable
« Reply #26 on: 30 October 2010, 09:43 »
I generally get about 70 miles out of a tenner in my gti 16v,,
No guts No glory,