We have covered this before....
I don't care for Patten parts...
You keep banging on about them but as I have said before you give me a list of the manufacturer's and then give me a cast Iron guarantee that they are the same then I might consider it...
Till then I will stick with VAG parts bought from the dealer's...
There is a firm in Germany who is selling sunroof seals that are stated as from OEM supplier but a guy on here has used one and says it's not as good as the OEM one..
If the OEM "Never Ware Out" Why do they sell them as spares???
For what it costs I still say IMO it's a pointless exercise to save a few quid...
If you fit brand new you have piece of mind that they are all new and that you will not have the same issue for a number of years!!
It don't really make a lot of sense to me
Thing is, you don't seem to understand that VAG supplied parts are often pretty much the same as third party supplier parts.
What possible chance do we have explaining why one would fit G3 mounts to the front struts on your car?
The improved precision and durability make a lot of sense.
The parts you get from the scrappy don't really wear. 