Author Topic: What do you hate most about your mark 2?  (Read 18053 times)

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #30 on: 21 September 2010, 20:47 »
If it rains heavy bough it drips on my head

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #31 on: 21 September 2010, 21:18 »

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #32 on: 21 September 2010, 21:21 »
and its a 1.3 that wont do any better than 33mpg  :angry:

Heavy car and small engine... I get better out of my Digi 8V... :wink:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #33 on: 21 September 2010, 21:35 »
and its a 1.3 that wont do any better than 33mpg  :angry:

That's not good...I get around 45 out of my 1.3. Unless I use it for work (only 2.5 miles away so I normally bike) then it drinks fuel, as it will be on choke for nearly all the journey.

Getting rid of the Pierburg carb helped no end.

Offline harry bum

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 143
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #34 on: 21 September 2010, 21:37 »
that i'm guna sell it!! harsh times

Offline bodga

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 339
  • F reg GTI 16v
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #35 on: 21 September 2010, 21:47 »
I don't get to drive the bloody thing enough.

That is all.


+1,

 sunny day + country lane + valver = me with a big cheesy grin

also i like this car for its faults, not that many thou to be honest, reliable cars are boring :tongue:

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #36 on: 21 September 2010, 22:27 »
and its a 1.3 that wont do any better than 33mpg  :angry:

Heavy car and small engine... I get better out of my Digi 8V... :wink:

hang on, it isnt the seal that stops the leak is it? I thought it was more to do with the drainage channels or whatever theyre called?

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #37 on: 21 September 2010, 22:30 »
and its a 1.3 that wont do any better than 33mpgĀ  :angry:

Heavy car and small engine... I get better out of my Digi 8V... :wink:

hang on, it isnt the seal that stops the leak is it? I thought it was more to do with the drainage channels or whatever theyre called?

I think you quoted the wrong person :D

And yes, you're pretty much right, there can be a gap all round and it can still not dribble on your head as long as everything else is in working order. Mine was missing a big metal bit that allowed the water to drain out the rear properly - so it would continually dribble on me!

Offline Haribo!

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,327
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #38 on: 21 September 2010, 22:31 »
and its a 1.3 that wont do any better than 33mpg  :angry:

Heavy car and small engine... I get better out of my Digi 8V... :wink:

hang on, it isnt the seal that stops the leak is it? I thought it was more to do with the drainage channels or whatever theyre called?

I think you quoted the wrong person :D

And yes, you're pretty much right, there can be a gap all round and it can still not dribble on your head as long as everything else is in working order.

heh, so I did  :laugh:

and WOOP, I was right for a change and I did it all by myself :D this is like the first time I went potty without help :D

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #39 on: 21 September 2010, 22:33 »
As of today...

It runs well better than it has ever done and mechanically everything is sound
All the electrics are working, and working properly
There are no leaks, and the heater works fine
The bodywork is clean, pretty much rust free and scrubs up well
The interior is tidy and not worn
Still 2 months until MOT time

 :smug:

The thing I hate most about it is that I know it won't last that way for long.
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6